You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axlin16 wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Lets drop the troll accusations of long time forum members. You know he isn't a troll.

My apologies, but when a user says they love "riling up gamers" and states things like "gaming is about killing hookers" it is a slight exhibition of troll-like behaviour.

It was tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Gamers are so defensive and personal sometimes about gaming. I just get a kick out of watching them stir.

Kind of like the people that break out in fights, anytime a new console is released outside Wal-Mart.

I was just having a little fun.

I do believe Wii is 'other', but I think Mario is cool. The whole killing hookers IS gaming thing, was just me funning around. I thought people would get it. Obviously when you say something like that, someone's natural first reaction should be the burst out in laughter.

I buy games mostly to play sports anyways.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Well i want Nintendo to spend all that money on good graphics for their next console. If the Wii had good graphics they would have owned the hardcore market too, in my opinion. Imagine all those great games like Bioshock, COD4, MGS, Grid GTA and so on with the wiimote. The developers would have put them on the Wii too if it had the power to handle them.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wii's already has almost everyone. Plus the Wii is burrowing down for the long haul, as a potential 'therapy' platform, for stroke patients and those with Parkinson's, as well as the whole 'Wii Fit' line.

All Wii needs to do is this...

HD console, Blu Ray player, more MA ports.

BAM. It'd be the final nail in the coffin for XBOX & PlayStation, current or future.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
downliner wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Sounds like your console may soon be experiencing the red ring of death. I dont even play anymore since I'm a complete net junkie, but my 360 used to always be loud as well.

I'd hope not, only had it a year and its been turned on less than a dozen or so times hmm When the DVD player I had packed in I finally found a use for the 360 but find it unbearably loud, think its the fan making all the noise.

Anyone here played Goldeneye Source yet?

I'm tempted to pick up HL2 and get me some of that multiplayer action 9 Would love to make an Evo tourney out of it, maybe even start our own kickass clan lol

Yeah Xbox's are just naturally loud, doesn't mean it's gonna crap out although eventually most probably will ( like mine:( ).

Funny you should mention Goldeneye Source because I installed it only two days ago big_smile It's a blast.

AtariLegend wrote:

I decided to try out an alternative to "Football Manager" today, I got "Premier Manager '09" for my low spec PC. It was like £7 or £9 at Game, LOL, probably the most mundane gaming experience of my life.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

AtariLegend wrote:

I decided to try out an alternative to "Football Manager" today, I got "Premier Manager '09" for my low spec PC. It was like £7 or £9 at Game, LOL, probably the most mundane gaming experience of my life.

I used to own (maybe I still do actually) Premier Manager 97, I loved that game. I still think the format of the game was excellent and is better than most current manager games in terms of layout.

I'm looking to get a few new PS3 games now I've finished uni and had heard a lot of good things about Fallout 3, would any of you recommend it?

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I'm looking to get a few new PS3 games now I've finished uni and had heard a lot of good things about Fallout 3, would any of you recommend it?

I played the PC version and honestly I only have good things to say about. It's a game I would reccomend. HOWEVER if you've played games like Oblivion and not liked them you might not enjoy Fallout 3. But it really is a great game and you can have a lot of fun as you decide what kind of person you want to be.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

The developers would have put them on the Wii too if it had the power to handle them.

Exactly. That's the only problem the Wii suffers from. Many developers including people like Hideo Kojima have said they like the Wii but it's blatantly obvious that part of the reason great games didn't come out for it was it's lack of power. If it had the power we would be seeing a lot more of these multi-platform games i.e. Orange Box, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Call of Duty (although the Wii does get a stripped down version), Burnout and many others but all with great controls. FPS games can, and in my opinion work better, on the Wii. If you need any proof of that check out Metroid Prime 3 for a fantastic example of FPS controls on the Wii.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@Private Eye

Fallout 3 is awesome. You may not get into it for the first 6 or 7 hours but trust me this game keeps getting better and better the more you play. Some advice would be to stop playing the main story after you get trained to waer power armour as the side missions are far better to sink your teeth into. For me it was game of the year.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@Axl S

Metroid on Wii rocks and shows that if developers put the effort in the wiimote is far and away better for first person shooters.

The trailer for the new metroid (Metroid other M) looks amazing you should check it out but im sure you already have.

Board footer