You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axl S wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

@Axl S

Metroid on Wii rocks and shows that if developers put the effort in the wiimote is far and away better for first person shooters.

The trailer for the new metroid (Metroid other M) looks amazing you should check it out but im sure you already have.

Of course I've already checked it out. It looks amazing like you said.

EDIT: Just to say to anyone who played Punch Out, or Super Punch Out back in the day, Punch Out on the Wii is an essential purchase. Just got it today and it's all the fun of the old ones but with a far more modern presentation.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Geeky as hell buy still so awesome 22

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Geeky as hell buy still so awesome 22

Man i want one of these 14

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

If it was packaged up and was obviously a bit more polished and less franken-control looking AND marketted by not this guy, it could do well as a preipheral.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Axl S wrote:

If it was packaged up and was obviously a bit more polished and less franken-control looking AND marketted by not this guy, it could do well as a preipheral.

I was talking about his mullet  16

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Another one, he's made it wirelss this time. Seriously this thing is sick 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Activision CEO calls for PS3 price cut

by David Carnoy

Apparently, it's not just CNET readers but game developers who are among those demanding Sony cut the price of the $400 PS3. In an interview with the London Times, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has some strong advice for Sony and threatened to pull its support for the console.

"They have to cut the price, because if they don't, the attach rates (the number of games each console owner buys) are likely to slow," Kotick said. "If we are being realistic, we might have to stop supporting Sony." As for the timing on that, he adds: "When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console--and the PSP (portable) too."

For its part, Sony, which is mired in third place behind Nintendo and Microsoft in the next-gen game-console wars, keeps saying it won't be pressured into trimming the price of the PS3. But with industry heavyweights like Activision making these types of remarks, it's becoming more and more clear that the pressure is indeed on.

Should Sony hurry up and wilt under the heat? Or should it stick to its game plan, whatever it is?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sony thinks PS3 will be the long-term console when Wii & 360 die out.

Hate to break it to them, but even if that happens (and it WILL, believe me), people are still not going to drop $400 bucks on a PS3, in a mass scale.

It's never gonna frickin' happen.

They don't need to just drop that price by $100, they need to cut it in half.

PS3, 40GB - $199.98 MSRP imo.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Anyone here still play Burnout Paradise?  This may be the best racing game I've ever played.  It was released over a year and a half ago and they are still supporting it with DLC.  I'm thinking of getting "Big Surf Island".

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^yeha my buddy has that game its fun

Board footer