You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: The Rant Thread

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah basically. I am in a shitty spot. I am completely sober so my friends instead of backing me decide to stab me in the back time and time again. So basically I have found myself kicking people out of my life who shouldn't be there and the ones who should have fucked me over so I really don't trust anyone and it's not a good place for me too. It's a trigger that is almost being pulled for me to go out and get high again. I'm holding on but shit is just depressing basically.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I hate people called Steven.

why?

Stupidly long boring teenager likes girl problems. Pretty trivial to be honest.

Fair enough dude. Keep in mind - the other guy is probably a fuckhead, but then it's the girls who choose the fuckheads...so in the end...we're all fucked big_smile

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

why?

Stupidly long boring teenager likes girl problems. Pretty trivial to be honest.

Fair enough dude. Keep in mind - the other guy is probably a fuckhead, but then it's the girls who choose the fuckheads...so in the end...we're all fucked big_smile

Nah he's a nice guy. A fucking airheaded idiot and possibly one of the stupidest people I've ever met but still an alright guy.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah basically. I am in a shitty spot. I am completely sober so my friends instead of backing me decide to stab me in the back time and time again. So basically I have found myself kicking people out of my life who shouldn't be there and the ones who should have fucked me over so I really don't trust anyone and it's not a good place for me too. It's a trigger that is almost being pulled for me to go out and get high again. I'm holding on but shit is just depressing basically.

For how long have you been sober? Shittiest thing about sobering up by yourself is the need to find a whole new social circle at a time when your at your most vulnerable. Sucks balls, but I suppose it's worth it, right? hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The problem is it gets tougher and tougher to find new friends the older you get imo.

Seriously... where do you really go? Bars (drunks), clubs (users)... and rarely do you ever want to strike up friendships with co-workers. They backfire ALOT.

It's a tough situation, and all I can really say is stay strong, and reflect on your strength of being sober as a positive.

It's sad, because all those people you used to call friends were just enablers. It's just you and they didn't realize it, and when someone is not using, well they can't really relate to you, can they?

Life's tricky like that sometimes. But just remember - they were FAKE friends to begin with. Don't forget that, just fronters.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Almost 2 months clean.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Congratulations. One day at a time.

Yes, I know, cliches, but 'tis true.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Started work in a new garden today and the owner dropped by at lunchtime, I had my portable radio on quite loud listening to Rock Radio and Back In Black was playing.
He said, " oh, if you had started here a couple of weeks ago I could have gave you tickets to the AC/DC concert, I couldnt make it and I couldnt get rid of them."

Aarrrrrrgh 17

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont just drink whisky, I drink gin too. My parents were in Canada recently and brought me back some Gordons Gin, which I usually drink, cause its a good Scottish brand. But this shit they brought home is 50% volume, "wreck the hoose juice" as we'd say. Fucking lethal.
Anyway, instead of having a couple of GnT's for a wee relaxing nightcap, I'm ending of plastered after a couple of drinks and bumping and crashing around the house, failing spectacularly to be quiet and discreet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

rookies who cant handle Canadian booze 14

...you should see the Americans who come up here for sporting events 16 19

Board footer