You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

Bills game was fun. But way too fucking cold. I can't believe I'm going to the ice bowl on New Year's, that will probably be even worse.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Big day in the NFL. Lions lost a game they should've won, and Arizona got their asses kicked. Vikings destroyed the 49ers, which puts them in the driver's seat for the last playoff spot in the NFC. They win the rest of their games, they are in the playoffs. Green Bay clinched their division, and Tampa could have as well but they lost. Tampa will win that division anyways. Jacksonville clinched a playoff spot, so that means teams are fighting for only one spot in the AFC. Cleveland has the advantage at the moment with their win today.

The Pats are going 16-0.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Pats were crazy...that flea flicker was just to humiliate them, I bet if they didnt run their mouth brady woulda sat down for the 4th

I watched the Lions/Cowboys game, detroit shoulda won but couldnt capitilize, they were in the red zone like 4 times with no TDs to show, Kitna is a whiner, he's yelling at everyone yet every time they had a chance at a TD he'd throw it away or throw it poorly, 18 seconds left with the winning TD, geez, but witten played good, but you can bet your ass that if dallas woulda lost TO woulda been bitching that they didnt throw him the ball enough, he was hot during the game, like only 3 receptions and 21 yards. Also the refs pretty much determined the tempo of that game, the amount of calls was ridiculous and 2 missed pass interference calls. Dallas shoulda lost 17

San Diego shoulda lost as well, that game was horrible

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I didn't see either the Cowboys or Chargers games, but the Chargers seemed out of it from the highlights & announcers were saying. They are hanging in there this season & bad as they are, I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs, although I don't think they can compete with NE or Indy. What sucked most about yesterday is RIGHT after the Eagles/NYG game ended, they go right to the Cowboys game & immediately Romo throws the TD to Whitten. It didn't even give me 5 seconds to change the channel. Nothing like salt on the wounds after an Eagles loss than watching the Cowboys win. Oh well, that's the difference between a good team and a great team.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i was flipping to the Greenbay game off and on then when they went way up i started going to the Chargers/Titans game..i couldnt get the Giants/Eagles game, thats the one i woulda watched if i coulda

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Suspended NFL star Michael Vick sentenced to 23 months in prison

By LARRY O'DELL, Associated Press Writer
December 10, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that involved gambling and killing pit bulls.

The suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback could have been sentenced up to five years by U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson. Vick, who turned himself in Nov. 19 in anticipation of his sentence, was wearing a black-and-white striped prison suit.

After Vick apologized to the court and his family, Hudson told him: "You need to apologize to the millions of young people who looked up to you."

"Yes, sir," Vick answered.

Vick acknowledged he used "poor judgment" and added, "I'm willing to deal with the consequences and accept responsibility for my actions."

Federal rules governing time off for good behavior could reduce Vick's prison stay by about three months, resulting in a summer 2009 release.

Geez....less than 2 years, prolly more like a year and a half with good behaviour, what a joke

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

He got off pretty easy, but people get less time for doing worse.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm actually surprised his sentence is that long. He obviously didn't get a liberal judge.

I still think his career is over. No team is going to want him when he gets out of prison. His stock had dropped to almost nothing even before this shit happened. Falcons were morons for signing him to that massive contract.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I didn't see either the Cowboys or Chargers games, but the Chargers seemed out of it from the highlights & announcers were saying. They are hanging in there this season & bad as they are, I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs, although I don't think they can compete with NE or Indy. What sucked most about yesterday is RIGHT after the Eagles/NYG game ended, they go right to the Cowboys game & immediately Romo throws the TD to Whitten. It didn't even give me 5 seconds to change the channel. Nothing like salt on the wounds after an Eagles loss than watching the Cowboys win. Oh well, that's the difference between a good team and a great team.

Oh man, I thought the same thing. As soon as they flipped over from the Giants/Eagles game, first play is the TD to Witten. And then that blowhard, Joe Buck, says "And the legend contiues to grow." Man I hate Dallas.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I'm actually surprised his sentence is that long. He obviously didn't get a liberal judge.

I still think his career is over. No team is going to want him when he gets out of prison. His stock had dropped to almost nothing even before this shit happened. Falcons were morons for signing him to that massive contract.

He's going to get pulverized in prison too.  People in there have no remorse for people who harm children, women, or animals.  And he's a celebrity.  I don't think his sentence is light.

And what's up with the Dolphins?  They're going down as the worst team in history this year.  I think that the Leafs would do better on the field than these guys.

Board footer