You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: i'm back

Axlin16 wrote:
card5777 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've been around far too long, and seen too many act in a certain manner.

Despite being 'sought out' by magazines like Classic Rock, MSL has always done it for the betterment of the fans for the most part. I'm sure there's some ego in there, like we all have, but for the majority, he carries himself with class and professionalism with all of this stuff.

He's loved by millions, and hated by millions. And the ones that hate him, from what i've witnessed, hate him simply because they want the glory. Just like the other boards that censor him, do it only because they want to keep licking Beta's butthole, like somehow that's gonna get them in good with Axl one day.

Use Your Disillusion mother fuckers

More like loved by dozens hated by dozens.

Keep dreaming.

MILLIONS downloaded the leaks provided from MSL, or MSL's source, whoever the fuck.

But millions downloaded that shit.

Death_Cube_K
 Rep: 0 

Death_Cube_K wrote:

i love the job of MSL ... if he didnt want to go jail for leak again i can do that!!
really, i wish that something leak this month tongue

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
card5777 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've been around far too long, and seen too many act in a certain manner.

Despite being 'sought out' by magazines like Classic Rock, MSL has always done it for the betterment of the fans for the most part. I'm sure there's some ego in there, like we all have, but for the majority, he carries himself with class and professionalism with all of this stuff.

He's loved by millions, and hated by millions. And the ones that hate him, from what i've witnessed, hate him simply because they want the glory. Just like the other boards that censor him, do it only because they want to keep licking Beta's butthole, like somehow that's gonna get them in good with Axl one day.

Use Your Disillusion mother fuckers

More like loved by dozens hated by dozens.

Keep dreaming.

MILLIONS downloaded the leaks provided from MSL, or MSL's source, whoever the fuck.

But millions downloaded that shit.

No, millions did not download that. No.
A million is a big number. Do not overestimate the Internet.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Millions downloaded it.

Denial is a bad thing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Millions downloaded it.

Denial is a bad thing.

We'll never know the exact numbers of the MSL or skwerl leak downloads, but they had a decent amount of seeders/leachers on the torrents, then factor in all the forum sharing, and also people like me sharing them on non GNR sites to the few who gave a shit.

Time Magazine also reviewed them, and that most certainly drew in some traffic.

What's the frequency, MSL?

allday

allday wrote:

so has MSL been contacted by the hoarders yet?

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

msl posted this on his message board on the 15th july.

'the amount of material i'm obtaining already would blow people's minds. i'm still fielding offers. i'm about to go into hiding, if someone wants to make a deal, they should probably contact me soon.'

ok everyone take a deep breath.

allday

allday wrote:

yea i read that the other day which is great but by "the amount of material" he said did he mean unreleased gnr material he has now, Or offers of material?

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I noticed MSL posted on his site that he's having to be careful what to say so as to avoid hurting his cause.

I agree the wait is hard though!

Let's just hope we're talking weeks and not months...

I'm positive MSL will deliver, ever if it's just the multitracks

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Millions downloaded it.

Denial is a bad thing.

We'll never know the exact numbers of the MSL or skwerl leak downloads, but they had a decent amount of seeders/leachers on the torrents, then factor in all the forum sharing, and also people like me sharing them on non GNR sites to the few who gave a shit.

Time Magazine also reviewed them, and that most certainly drew in some traffic.

What's the frequency, MSL?

I'd like to see some traffic statistics from AQ to nail this down.
Which should have been easy for them to supply.

I'm not emotionally invested in them getting millions or not millions of downloads.

The Internet is estimated to have 1.5 billion people on it.

If Alexa's sample is good, their tracking estimates have Mininova having a about .8 percent share of the Internet visitors. That's 12 million.

deviantART  has a .6 percent share according to Alexa. That's 9 and a half million visitors a day.

Not HITS, but unique visitors.

Time has a readership of 3.6 million people.

For MILLIONS to have downloaded GNR leaks - at least 2/3 of the readership of Time Magazine would have said "damn! lets get on the Internet and find them!", and 1/6 of the daily traffic at Mininova would have said "Hey, GNR, let's grab that." And a population as dynamic and huge as deviantART would have had a quarter of themselves all decide to download GNR leaks.

Guys, these sites DWARF antiquiet and all the GNR boards combined and multiplied. To get 2 million people (the lowe-end of 'millions', plural) is really hard to do.

AntiQuiet peaked at .0006 of Internet traffic halfway thru 2008 (we know what happened there). That adds up to... 957,762. Just about a million. I could see a MILLION, maybe, getting those leaks. But 2 or 3 or 4 million?

I don't really care either way but lets try not to under or overestimate. You know most people read whatever article in Time or RS and said "oh, interesting" and didn't do anything about it. You can't get mininova people all downloading the same thing. And for a slice of an online commuity that would dwarf most cities in the world to say "I GOT TO HAVE ME SOME GNR" some magic things need to happen.

Board footer