You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axl S wrote:

Axlin08 why be pisssed off. And why be surprised by it. The value of electronics always goes down. I bought an Xbox 360 for 250 pounds and a year later it was at about £150 with a bigger hard drive. It's a slight annoyance but you've been able to enjoy the console for longer.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I wonder what the price hear will be. Right now it's aroudn £300. If the drop comes here too then the price of second hand ones will go down. Might nab one then.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I was going to ask at my local game store but as a few people on here will probably know the answer I thought I'd ask...If you've got a 40GB PS3 that won't play PS2 games is there any hardware that can be installed (legally preferably) that will make a 40GB PS3 compatible with PS2 games?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TheMole

TheMole wrote:
russtcb wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I was going to ask at my local game store but as a few people on here will probably know the answer I thought I'd ask...If you've got a 40GB PS3 that won't play PS2 games is there any hardware that can be installed (legally preferably) that will make a 40GB PS3 compatible with PS2 games?

No. But there's a firmware update coming hopefully by the end of the year that will allow backward compatibility on any PS3

Do you gave a source for that? I would friggin' love that! I bought some PS2 games off of ebay a year or so back and never got to play them 'cause the DVD drive in my PS2 went fubar.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I was another one that payed a pretty penny for the PS3, only to discover it only it played PS1 & PS3.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
TheMole wrote:
russtcb wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

No. But there's a firmware update coming hopefully by the end of the year that will allow backward compatibility on any PS3

Do you gave a source for that? I would friggin' love that! I bought some PS2 games off of ebay a year or so back and never got to play them 'cause the DVD drive in my PS2 went fubar.

Russ works for Sony.  If he says this, it may not actually happen, but it's on the table.  He wouldn't say something just to say it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye

russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Russ works for Sony.  If he says this, it may not actually happen, but it's on the table.  He wouldn't say something just to say it.

Yeah. I gets mentioned now and again. They're shooting for the last firmware update of the year.

With the Slim rolling out in a few weeks, I think they wanna do extra testing to ensure the software emulation of the Emotion Chipset that was in the PS2 and first gen PS3s will work flawlessly across all PS3 skus so they don't create more problems then it's worth.

Sounds promising, anyway thanks for the info 5

Board footer