You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

Tommie wrote:

I agree with you.  Theres no reason for a head coach to resign mid-season unless something very serious happened.  Hell they are 3-10, their season will be over in a few short weeks anyways.  Someone (or something) must have really pissed in his Wheaties for it to go down like this.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Petrino is a snake in the grass. A filthy weasel. When he was at Louisville, he flirted with going to Auburn for a short amount of time, then apologized. Then he signed a 10 year extension with Louisville. A little less than a year later he goes to the Falcons. Less than a year later he goes to Arkansas. He's a great offensive mind, but I dont know why they would want him. I am a Kentucky fan, so him being in the SEC kinda sucks, but hopefully recruits will look at his past.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Mangini: Jets taped during playoff game last season, but received permission from Pats

By DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Sports Writer
December 12, 2007

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) -- The spy games between the New York Jets and New England Patriots began last season.

The Jets were caught videotaping at Gillette Stadium last season and the Patriots had that New York employee removed from the area, according to published reports Wednesday. Jets coach Eric Mangini said his team received permission to film behind both end zones during the playoff game in January.

"We taped the game, is what we taped, and we taped end-zone copy of the game, and we tape a double end zone, which is standard operating procedure for us," Mangini said Wednesday. "We request that every single road game, and it's usually granted if physically it's possible. And when people request it from us, we do the same thing: We grant it."

Mangini maintained the Jets did nothing wrong, and had filmed at New England during the regular season without incident. It was nothing like what the Patriots did earlier this season, when a New England employee was caught taping New York's defensive signals and punished by the league.

"We do it every time we go on the road," Mangini repeated. "We ask for permission to do it. It's within the league rules, and when people ask us to do it, we grant it, as well."

When asked why the Patriots stopped the Jets if they had already given them permission, Mangini just shrugged.

"I don't know," he said. "Really, it just was what it was. We had asked for permission, it was granted and then that changed, and we respect their decision. It's their stadium."

Mangini was also asked if the Jets were, at all, taping the Patriots' defensive signals.

"No," Mangini said smugly.

He was then asked if the Patriots requested similar permission to have someone taping at various angles or end-zone angles. Again, Mangini replied simply: "No."

well well well now look at that

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

So? He asked permission and it was given, that's completely ok. Pats could've said no.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

then its a stupid rule...either its allowed or its not, then Jets make a big deal out of normal NFL procedure and one that they themselves use regularily.....gimme a friggin break

Communist China

If you don't ask for permission then it's against the rules. Also, they could have been filming a lot more than just endzone footage. Who knows? The Pats do not deserve the pick that they forfeited, they broke the rules and suffered the consequences, puny that they are.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

The difference is the Jets were taping the games plays to be used for scouting & game preparation purposes (Well, at least it wasn't proven they were taping the coaches signals, although possibly the Patriots noticed they were & therefore evicted the cameraman). The Patriots footage CLEARLY shows close up shots of Jets signal calling. Big difference.

Anyway, I recall this being mentioned when Spygate first hit, that Mangini did it out of revenge for an incident which occured in last years playoffs. Really isn't "News", I guess just because of the rematch this week did it come back out.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

its still dumb....i bet the vast majority, if not every team scouts the play calling of other teams....otherwise why would the play callers cover their faces with the play sheets before each snap

Jets are just sore losers thats all, trying to hurt the powerhouse in their division

Communist China

Jets are just sore losers, Pats are just cheaters, any way you want to look at it.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yeah, you're right, the Pats need to cheat to win against the Jets.....whatever makes you sleep at night tongue 16

Board footer