You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if anything i would think that the poor reception of the song by the public "killed" it

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

From everything I've gathered, GN'R (for all their big talk) is very reactionary to the forums. And more than a few people speculated that the Better video would end up being a mash up of 06/07 live footage.

I've thought this before too. It does make you wonder at times. Like we have a few beers come on here on night and rant and next thing you know Axl's deleted a track or something. lol. Well maybe it's not that way - but I do sometimes wonder if I should watch my mouth more. 14

I personally like live peformance videos. GNR is awesome live. I think a video capturing that would be preferable to Axl wandering around in a studio, or some kind of narative story in the video that in many bands clips has nothing to do with the song itself and is just for novelty. I would have been down with live footage if they can get some of those really pationate shots!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

From everything I've gathered, GN'R (for all their big talk) is very reactionary to the forums. And more than a few people speculated that the Better video would end up being a mash up of 06/07 live footage.

I've thought this before too. It does make you wonder at times. Like we have a few beers come on here on night and rant and next thing you know Axl's deleted a track or something. lol. Well maybe it's not that way - but I do sometimes wonder if I should watch my mouth more. 14

I personally like live peformance videos. GNR is awesome live. I think a video capturing that would be preferable to Axl wandering around in a studio, or some kind of narative story in the video that in many bands clips has nothing to do with the song itself and is just for novelty. I would have been down with live footage if they can get some of those really pationate shots!

I could be putting way too much stock into what the band thinks of the forums, but since no one else talks about GNR these days, my guess is it's where the band gets it's idea of what "the public" thinks.

According to one of the staff members at MYGNR, Dexter frequently visted the place, with his profile set to "PRIVATE"/"Hidden".

That obviously stopped one day, a few months ago, when he logged on without being "PRIVATE".

He viewed the "Guns N' Roses" board, then immediately logged back out again.

The top topic at the time, was the Seymour divorce.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That is interesting. I wonder if there's another username he uses.

As for the Better video, the fact it never came out, or any of those other singles, always said to me that he was giving up on CD and was putting his attention on the next album.

Robin was probably a bigger problem in promoting the album than he let on.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Seriously?  Robin was the problem in not promoting the album?  Give me a break.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Seriously?  Robin was the problem in not promoting the album?  Give me a break.

14 No shit. Finck would have wrote one sentence on his Twitter page and labeled it poetry. Ten people would have drooled and no one else would have cared.

I do agree that his departure likely threw Axl for a loop(especially with that quick NIN release), but he had almost a year to figure out something in a post Finck era. Even without a replacement, a promo blitz could have still occurred.  While I would have preferred as many members of the 2001 line up as possible be involved post release and 2000-08 departures did create an obstacle of trying to market it as an actual band, Finck wasn't a "deal breaker".

Slash leaving? Izzy leaving? Duff leaving? Buckethead leaving? Deal breakers.

Finck leaving? Wake me up when there's news.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

According to one of the staff members at MYGNR, Dexter frequently visted the place, with his profile set to "PRIVATE"/"Hidden".

That obviously stopped one day, a few months ago, when he logged on without being "PRIVATE".

He viewed the "Guns N' Roses" board, then immediately logged back out again.

The top topic at the time, was the Seymour divorce.

I laugh at the idea of a grown man going on the internet and reading news that his ex girlfriend from over fifteen years ago is divorcing another man causes him to have some sort of mental breakdown.

Sky Dog wrote:

talk about making COMPLETELY ignorant assumptions. I laugh at the thought of a teenager even remotely knowing how a grown man feels about anything.

Board footer