You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Tommie wrote:

Got it the other night, only messed with it a little bit so far but I'm very impressed.  I'm planning to play it on my days off (today and tomorrow) will post my thoughts later.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Kurt Cobain in Guitar Hero 5!

I'm pretty sure this is the kinda thing he would have hated.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Kurt Cobain in Guitar Hero 5!

I'm pretty sure this is the kinda thing he would have hated.

He would have hated it when he was around, 15 years later he'd have been an aging bloated veteran rocker who would have been all over it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If Kurt had lived, he'd be Axl Rose 2009, except more active.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The best bit of the video are the three Cobains during Sweating Bullets. 16

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Oh my fuck I just jizzed.  New AvP game coming out.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Very cool.

I see they are finally going to console with it. Hopefully it'll be epic. I have fond memories of the old PC games, even though they were extremely buggy.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

This was announced months back, really lookin forward to it. Lets hope they don't fuck it up.

Jack Thompson sues Facebook for $120 million

Facebook Inc., the world’s most popular social-networking Web site, was accused in a lawsuit of letting site users post violent threats against a lawyer who was later disbarred.

Plaintiff Jack Thompson said the postings started after the CBS news show “60 Minutes” aired its interview with him in 2006 as a crusader against video game violence, according to the complaint he filed Sept. 29 in federal court in Miami. The games influence players to steal cars and shoot people, he says. Thompson sued some of the game makers before the Florida Supreme Court disbarred him as an attorney in 2008, according to court records.

Facebook users started an “I Hate Jack Thompson” group, according to the lawsuit. The complaint cites a posting that said “Jack Thompson should be smacked across the face with an Atari 2600.” Thompson included images of the Facebook postings in the lawsuit.

Thompson claims intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress and failure to supervise the site, and seeks at least $120 million in damages.

Thompson said there was no response to his faxed requests to Facebook Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg in August and September to remove the postings. He noted in his complaint that a poll asking if President Barack Obama should be assassinated was removed from Facebook as soon as the company found out about it. The company said it’s investigating that matter with the U.S. Secret Service.

“The suit is without merit and we will fight it vigorously,” Facebook said in an e-mailed statement. “Additionally, it is our practice to remove content that threatens an individual when it is brought to our attention.”

Facebook, which has about 300 million users, is based in Palo Alto, California.

The U.S. Communications Decency Act provides immunity to companies such as Facebook for what another party might post, said Parry Aftab, an attorney and executive director of Wired Safety, a charity designed to protect individuals who might be stalked or harassed on the Internet.

“I think there is no liability because of what somebody does on their Web site,” Aftab said in a phone interview.

Thompson said he believes the federal immunity provision doesn’t apply in his situation because he told the company about the threatening posts.

“It’s negligence,” Thompson said in a phone interview. “They were put on notice and they did nothing.”

He said his disbarment is irrelevant to this case.

“If I were Charles Manson, that wouldn’t warrant the postings” remaining on Facebook, he said.

The case is Thompson v. Facebook, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (Miami).

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … 4XcDJlO1to

Oh, Jack...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

So people saying mean things about you on the internet is now worth $120 million in damages is it?

You know if any of you guys wanna be mean to me for a bit I won't hold it against you. James might though when I send him the bill 16

Board footer