You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

Sky Dog wrote:

I think it kind of sucks that the lack of creativity from the guitar players forced Axl to go to shit like this for an intro due to them being unable to create a great guitar intro-D

What would have been embarassing if it was copyright for Axl's vocals "Oooohooo Oooohooo". Those vocals are equivalent to dragging your fingernails down a blackboard.-Aussie

Sky Dog wrote:

lack of creativity?  this is axl.  axl decides who shits, and when.... axl and his over compensation for lack of decent material (samples in songs) is to blame.

mickronson

Sky Dog wrote:

Sucks, more bad press, more lack of response from Axlcorp. Gnr becomes more of a joke.

Shoulda had your bases covered, Bill Bailey.
emcitymisfit

there is 5 bashes within the last 7-8 posts. James, you don't see it cause you are so use to it! 16

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

eck gads man, learn how to quote!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I think it kind of sucks that the lack of creativity from the guitar players forced Axl to go to shit like this for an intro due to them being unable to create a great guitar intro-D

I don't agree with that obviously(Bucket not creative?), but it's a valid point since they felt the need to use these various samples on the record.

What would have been embarassing if it was copyright for Axl's vocals "Oooohooo Oooohooo". Those vocals are equivalent to dragging your fingernails down a blackboard.-

That's sort of a joke, but I always thought that part of the song simply showed that it was not finished. He threw that in there but never went back to it.

lack of creativity?  this is axl.  axl decides who shits, and when.... axl and his over compensation for lack of decent material (samples in songs) is to blame.

All he's saying is the buck stops with Axl. Do you think it stops with Fortus?

Sucks, more bad press, more lack of response from Axlcorp. Gnr becomes more of a joke.

Shoulda had your bases covered, Bill Bailey.

The joke comment aside, he's just saying its one in a long list of obstacles the band/album has had the past 10 years.

I think this board is held to a different standard. People are too quick to label it a bash fest. All people are doing is commenting on the current topic, which is slightly negative due to the band itself.

Should I do cartwheels and go have a picnic because GNR forgot to get permission before sampling someone else's music?

Sky Dog wrote:

yep.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll bring the fried chicken and bologna sandwiches, you bring the potato salad, baked beans, and soda pop.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

What would have been embarassing if it was copyright for Axl's vocals "Oooohooo Oooohooo".    16  Those vocals are equivalent to dragging your fingernails down a blackboard.

Yes you were correct James this was a joke.  At least you saw the laughing smiley face that I put in there with it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Jame's didn't you call this one months ago?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The only thing that really surprises me is that this comes almost a year after the album is released.  Are we to believe that people are still buying this album and hearing songs for the first time?

Board footer