You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

And if you think Insomnia is that bad, you probably don't watch enough movies. Given your love of the horror genre, one would think you've seen hundreds of shitty ass horror movies that make Insomnia look like a masterpiece. tongue

Yeah, but Insomnia is so bad... it's bad.

Films like Howling II or Chainsaw 2, have a cult-appeal.

Insomnia is one of those films i'd only recommend for Pacino & Nolan purists.

Outside of that... i've seen Miami Vice episodes with the same psychological slant.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Batman Begins

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Don't get me started on Cruising. Bleh... But Al was good in it.

Other than the fact it delved into a lifestyle you probably don't partake in, what was so "bleh" about it?

To this very day there still hasn't been a film to show gay culture the way that this film shows it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Despite the fact the film is disjointed with a ridiculous ending, I wouldn't call fisting and golden shower parties in S&M "meat market" clubs a real peep hole into gay culture.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

now i wish i didnt look in this thread 16

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

First I have to say that ANY fan of great film making NEEDS to watch the Godfather trilogy.  It is easily Al's best work and is near perfect in every aspect.  Movies don't get better than this! 

James, I also have to agree with Eastwood's acting on The Unforgiven.  Excellent movie and another must see.

Back on topic...
I just watched Trick 'r Treat tonight and this is one of the best Halloween movies I've watched.  It has a strong Tales From the Crypt/Creepshow vibe to it and is done to perfection.  I strongly recommend it to any fan of the genre.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Quarantine, caught it on cable. It was ok, nothing great. IMDB people say the spanish original was better. I guess if you see it, I'd suggest trying that instead. This was nothing much to write about. Shot Blair Witch style, like Cloverfield.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

And if you think Insomnia is that bad, you probably don't watch enough movies. Given your love of the horror genre, one would think you've seen hundreds of shitty ass horror movies that make Insomnia look like a masterpiece. tongue

Yeah, but Insomnia is so bad... it's bad.

Films like Howling II or Chainsaw 2, have a cult-appeal.

Insomnia is one of those films i'd only recommend for Pacino & Nolan purists.

Outside of that... i've seen Miami Vice episodes with the same psychological slant.

Insomnia is a remake of a Norwegian film of the same name.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

See... no originality.

Now sequels... that's where it's at.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I liked Insomnia.

Seriously, some foreign films should be remade just for the fact the originals don't translate very well to American audiances.

I still think The Ring was a better film than Ringu, even though the latter had better characters and less cheesy dialouge. Ring was a solid horror film, Ringu isn't.

Board footer