You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I ordered Little Big Planet through our company rewards thing. I kinda wanna see what all the fuss is about.

Don't get your hopes up for an awesome single player campaign, its no Mario.  But there is infinite replayability with all the user generated levels.  That in and of itself makes it worth the purchase price.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It's fun if your CO-OP with friends on "Create" mode or whatever it's called. But the stuff that comes with it for single player is just average 2D-Platformer stuff. The fun comes from creating things and is even more fun with friends.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Well, my Xbox360 finally decided to die on me.  Been acting up for a few months, but now it's gone completely Red Ringed.  Hopefully MS will fix it for free, otherwise I guess I'll have to pick up an Arcade.

Figures it happens now when I actually have a bit of free time to catch up on some games.

Not that I condone this but, I'd send it away asap.  While you wait, I'd go out and grab an arcade.  Just save the receipt and return it once you get the other one back.

heh.  That's actually a good idea.

I called last week, but they wanted the manufacture date from the back and I was at work.  I checked that this weekend and it looks like it was made in 2005.  With the 3 year warranty, I'm betting they're not gonna fix it for me.  I'll call today and find out.

Half of me is hoping they say sorry we can't fix it.  Then I'll have an excuse to buy an Arcade on the way home from work today.  I actually bought Arkham Asylum yesterday even though my 360 is bricked.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Have you guys heard about the leaked MW2 footage that shows the mission where you are a terrorist and shoot up civilians in an airport? I watched it and was slightly disturbed by the content itself and how realistic it was but on the other hand, these kinds of things have been done in video games before (GTA anyone??). If you haven't seen it, follow the link. It's embedded on that page.

http://modernwarfare2forums.net/viewtop … f=5&p=8530

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just got new supermario bros. Wii

pretty cool, fun, nostalgic smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well I finally did it...

I finally upgraded myself to the 'bundle' treatment of Rock Band/Guitar Hero for PS3. I had been one of those hold outs all this time, sticking with PS2 versions and my old Guitar Hero II guitar and after-market Microphone.

I got the Rock Band: Beatles bundle pack, and also picked up Guitar Hero: Metallica & Rock Band: AC/DC Live. So i'll be set for awhile. So many great songs to get into.

I wanted to get that Guitar Hero 5 deal with the free Guitar Hero: Van Halen, but the offer expired like two months ago...

Anyways, i'm just happy to have it. All of it is so fuckin' great, and Rock Band went all out for that Beatles game. It's like a total experience. Metallica as well as No Excuses (Alice In Chains) & Tuesday's Gone (Lynyrd Skynyrd) are just fantastic on GH: Metallica, and AC/DC Live is probably the one with the most energy. AC/DC's best songs... nothing could be better, except maybe their actual likenesses being in the game.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think that game should be banned ^

That is beyond extreme.

Board footer