You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

Re: Rumor: GNR at download

TSI wrote:

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/ … e-thursday

Rival Sonisphere is expected to announce it's headliners in Dec. for the 31 July-1 Aug 2010 date.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Depends on how long they plan to tour.

If they're thinking of a whole year off and on the road, then I don't see why not.

But if they're just doing Asia & Canada, and maybe South America, they could be done and on break by late Spring.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

So true, it would be nice though- Download rocks, it's crazy !!

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Depends on how long they plan to tour.

If they're thinking of a whole year off and on the road, then I don't see why not.

But if they're just doing Asia & Canada, and maybe South America, they could be done and on break by late Spring.

i always kinda figured it's be a world tour - as long as the canadian dates go ok..
the strategy of recent times (and maybe ever - i'm a relative youngster..) has been for them to hit europe to coincide with the summer festival season.
so if they do go to south america from canada, they'd maybe play a handful of US dates in late spring (or australia??) or a full US tour in autumn/fall finishing up Chimble next year..

but really, download again? after the last time? i'd prefer them to play sonisphere but that's not going to happen. i just dunno if they can hack it on at a metal fest - though maybe sonisphere is even heavier than download?? (i dont know?)

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Mm, not sure I fancy a festival. Really pisses me off the way they expect you to buy tickets on trust and only then announce the bands. Fuck that. Hopefully they'll play some additional UK dates - or I could do what I did last time and schedule a trip to Dublin to visit the family around a GN'R gig...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I hope this happens just cos festivals are more likely to get us proshot content than the caniadian tour (unless the band does a dvd or something) and I wanna see ashba and bumble!

Failing that...i'll just have to hope for an Aussie tour.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

elevendayempire wrote:

Mm, not sure I fancy a festival. Really pisses me off the way they expect you to buy tickets on trust and only then announce the bands. Fuck that. Hopefully they'll play some additional UK dates - or I could do what I did last time and schedule a trip to Dublin to visit the family around a GN'R gig...

I agree, besides Downloads a bit of a trek for me, hopefully they do some other UK dates. Only festival I'd go to for GNR is Leeds because it's about 15 minutes away 16

AtariLegend wrote:

I really think too much of the wrong demographic for "Gn'R" will be attending Download.

...They may not fit in with the "NME" crowd at Leeds and Reading, but they'd have a smoother show and more people would be willing to give it a listen I reckon.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

A Private Eye wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I agree, besides Downloads a bit of a trek for me, hopefully they do some other UK dates. Only festival I'd go to for GNR is Leeds because it's about 15 minutes away 16

I'd consider Reading, 'cause my parents live five minutes down the road from there. But again, I'd have to know that GN'R was performing there; none of this rumour and speculation bullshit.

The other festivals can go hang.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

They'd fit in best at Sonisphere to be honest, and they'd have a smoother running show at Reading/Leeds. At download it will be fill with Emo/Scene kids and premaddona Metalheads. GNR will get slaughtered, mocked and laughed at if they play Download.

Board footer