You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

James wrote:

Did Romo really fuck things up because of Jessica? Thats hilarious. I didn't watch the game. Wish I did now though. Anyone remember that playoff fiasco last year? Romo was trying to impress some chick on the sidelines and of course wound up costing them the game.

The Romo nutswingers of the world are going to hate to hear this, but he's way too immature to ever be an elite quarterback in this league.

When the game is on the line, you cant be looking at chicks on the sideline or in the crowd. Brady has fucked tons of models and actresses, but you don't see him looking for pussy in the crowd during a game.

Wade Phillips may have to castrate Romo for Dallas to even have a chance in the playoffs.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Did Romo really fuck things up because of Jessica?

She was there, but I think that is becoming blown out of proportion, although your right it happened last Christmas with Carrie Underwood being there. Yesterday though, he did jam his thumb on someone's helmet, and I do think that had an effect.  However the Eagles did do a good job shutting them down. 1 INT TO fell down, but the other 2 were bad throws & misreading the defenses. Romo's ok, pretty good for a young QB, but certainly not elite. I still can't blame jerry Jones for signing him long term. Look at all the other struggling young QB's out there. Anyway that's why I say Dallas & GB are good teams, just on a roll all season. I don't think their dominant the way NE, Indy & even SD was last year (even though they had that postseason collapse).

James

James wrote:

That Vikings win was an absolute must win. They are definitely the hottest team in the NFC right now. I didn't watch the entire game, and while it was close, I think its time for me and the few other Bears fans here to admit what is now painfully obvious.....

The Bears window of opportunity has been sealed shut. We have no QB, the RBs are mediocre at best, the WR core is one of the worst in the league, and last but definitely not least, that defense is a shell of its former self.

The defense is going to get even worse. Briggs is a free agent next year, and definitely isn't coming back. Grossman is a free agent, although thats irrelevant.

The tank is empty, and another rebuilding phase must take place. Everyone knows how long the last rebuilding phase took. The better part of a decade, and it was built around Urlacher. While that eventually paid off somewhat, they can not rebuild the team around him again or this defense. Its toast, and there's no telling how long Urlacher will play or want to be in Chicago.

I don't know how they can do it, and it may take a VERY long time, but I think they are gonna have to start building the team around Hester. Its risky, as I don't think a team has ever been built around a semi decent WR but an amazing kick returner. They have to start though. Next year. If that requires firing Lovie Smith, then get it done.

I know this sounds crazy and most Bears fans wont agree, but I think they should offer Urlacher up as trade bait for a very high draft pick. If they can get a top 5 pick for him, make the deal.

The defense is collapsing anyways, so start over and dump Urlacher while he is still a weapon and has high trade value.

Grab a RB in the draft. If there's no decent QBs on the free agent market, just let Orton lead the team in the first season of the rebuilding phase.

I've said this a million times, but I'll say it again: They were fucking morons for letting Jones get away. It killed this franchise, and now they are pretty much back where they were in the mid 90's. Add the resurrection of the Packers and a young Vikings team loaded with potential, and the Bears are facing a prospect of being in the cellar of their division for many years to come.

No way in hell will McNabb go to this team. Its a complete clusterfuck.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Haha, I was just going to say trade the 2nd rd pick for McNabb, draft a RB or WR in the 1st rd (DeSean Jackson from Cal).  And a defensive player in the 3rd rd. That way, PHI can trade that 2nd rd pick & another pick for Chad Johnson from Cinici 16

You're right though, I think Lovie Smith might be on a short leash next year.

EDIT: Huh, I jjust looked on one of those mock draft websites (I know it's too early but still...) a few of them had the Bears taking QB Andre Woodson from Kentucky. Wouldn't be a bad pick, depending how his skills seem in the combine. Then myb take RB Mike Hart from Mich, or that WR from Oregon who was fast in the 2nd. Heck take a WR from Appalachian State too, they had plenty of speed on that team. A good draft & they could be a year away, myb even sneak a wildcard spot in. Gotta love football, there's always next year 5

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^^ On second thought, I didn't realize the Saints were still alive at 7-7-. Throwing a 3rd team into the mix does shake it up a bit, especially one that's on a roll like NO & Minn have been recently. This Buff game is important.

Oh yeah, JJ is a great defensive coordinator. I've said for years PHI has been good because of the defense, and Andy being an 'offensive' head coach, takes away from his legacy. I think Spagnolo will stick around for another year or two, then get a coaching job. Maybe with NYG suceeding Coughlin in a few years, or elsewhere. I don't think he'll get one this off-season, but we'll see. For some reason, owners don't feel JJ is "head-coaching material'. It sounds wierd, but they feel he's a perennial defensive coodinator. He interviewed somewhere a few years ago, and didn't get the job. Then he signed a pretty big (over $1 mil/year) asst coaching contract. It was one of the biggest ever for a coordinator. I think he accepted he will never get a head coaching job after that, and doesn't even go thru the process of it. The defensive coordinator for Tampa Bay is the same way, very similar in age & agressive play calling, and he did the same thing around the same time. Signed a really big contract for an asst coach.

I think Coughlin will probably be back next year, but if not, I wouldnt mind Spagnuolo to be our next head coach. I know he has only been a coordinator for one year, but he learned from the best, his defense LOVES him, and he has turned around our defense. He would be my choice for next head coach, either next year or a few years down the road.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Haha, I was just going to say trade the 2nd rd pick for McNabb, draft a RB or WR in the 1st rd (DeSean Jackson from Cal).  And a defensive player in the 3rd rd. That way, PHI can trade that 2nd rd pick & another pick for Chad Johnson from Cinici 16

You're right though, I think Lovie Smith might be on a short leash next year.

EDIT: Huh, I jjust looked on one of those mock draft websites (I know it's too early but still...) a few of them had the Bears taking QB Andre Woodson from Kentucky. Wouldn't be a bad pick, depending how his skills seem in the combine. Then myb take RB Mike Hart from Mich, or that WR from Oregon who was fast in the 2nd. Heck take a WR from Appalachian State too, they had plenty of speed on that team. A good draft & they could be a year away, myb even sneak a wildcard spot in. Gotta love football, there's always next year 5

I love Woodson. Of course I am biased because I am a die-hard, lifelong Kentucky fan. He has a big arm, but what might hurt him in the pros is that he has a long wind up. Not necessarily like Byron Leftwhich but similar. He doesnt throw many INTs either. He set the NCAA record this past year for most pass attempts in history without an INT. I think he would do well in Chicago.

James

James wrote:

Power rankings are in.  Colts back at number two, but I do not like how the Browns have dropped. They continue winning, so whats the problem?? Vikings moving up, and the Giants are dropping fast.

'¢    1. Patriots (14-0)
'¢    2. Colts (12-2)
'¢    3. Packers (12-2)
'¢    4. Cowboys (12-2)
'¢    5. Jaguars (10-4)
'¢    6. Steelers (9-5)
'¢    7. Chargers (9-5)
'¢    8. Bucs (9-5)
'¢    9. Seahawks (9-5)
'¢    10. Vikings (8-6)
'¢    11. Browns (9-5)
'¢    12. Titans (8-6)

the rest:

13. NEW YORK GIANTS (9-5, previous rank: 10) - Three straight home losses by 10+ points is not the way to win over New York's patient, forgiving fans.

14. NEW ORLEANS (7-7, previous rank: 15) - In his last 10 games, QB Drew Brees has thrown only six INTs and been sacked just eight times.

15. PHILADELPHIA (6-8, previous rank: 19) - The better-than-their-record-would-indicate Eagles played four games against the NFL's Fantastic Four (Green Bay, New England and Dallas twice) and came away with two three-point losses and a four-point win.

16. WASHINGTON (7-7, previous rank: 17) - Joe Gibbs proved his motivational talents as luckless 'Skins stayed in playoff race with surprising 22-10 win over Giants.

17. HOUSTON (7-7, previous rank: 18) - Unexpected developments: unheralded Texan WR Kevin Walter has had 100 passes thrown his way this year (catching 61 for 731 yards).

18. BUFFALO (7-7, previous rank: 14) - No. 30 in yards (279.9 per game), No. 30 in yards allowed (359.5) � and a .500 record?

19. ARIZONA (6-8, previous rank: 16) - Cardinals have allowed 30.8 PPG over their last six games.

20. DENVER (6-8, previous rank: 20) - TE Tony Scheffler leads non-RBs, catching 80 percent of passes thrown his way (40 catches in 50 targets).

21. CHICAGO (5-9, previous rank: 23) - The Bears have been outgained on the ground in 9 of their last 10 games.

22. CAROLINA (6-8, previous rank: 26) - By season's end, Carolina will have played seven games against playoff teams (eight if Tennessee gets in).

23. DETROIT (6-8, previous rank: 21) - In latest demoralizing loss, Lions committed six turnovers vs. SD despite holding the ball for just 18:28.

24. CINCINNATI (5-9, previous rank: 22) - A loss to Cleveland Sunday would leave Marvin Lewis' career head coaching record at 40-40 (including postseason).

25. OAKLAND (4-10, previous rank: 24) - The Raiders suffered four double-digit losing seasons in their first 43 years. Now they're five-for-five since losing to Tampa in Super Bowl XXXVII.

26. BALTIMORE (4-10, previous rank: 25) - Sad but true: Kyle Boller is Baltimore's all-time passing leader (7,846 yards)

27. NEW YORK JETS (3-11, previous rank: 27) - When covering a 24-point spread is one of the highlights of your season, maybe it hasn't been such a great year.

28. KANSAS CITY (4-10, previous rank: 28) - Including preseason, second-year QB Brodie Croyle has lost all seven of his starts.

29. SAN FRANCISCO (4-10, previous rank: 30) - Cinderella QB Shaun Hill followed his 106.9 passer rating against Minnesota with a 105.8 passer rating against Cincinnati � can he do it again vs. stingy Tampa D?

30. ST. LOUIS (3-11, previous rank: 29) - What is it about RB Steven Jackson and December? In his last seven December games, he's cranked out 1,303 yards from scrimmage and 13 TDs.

31. ATLANTA (3-11 previous rank: 31) - The Falcons were the Cold, Hard Football Facts preseason No. 32, and they could wind up there again with two more empty efforts.

32. MIAMI (1-13, previous rank: 32) - December 16th is clearly a date for historic Miami wins over Baltimore. Last week's victory over Baltimore was 35 years ago to the day that the 1972 Dolphins beat Baltimore (Colts) to finish their 14-0 regular season.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'd at least rank the browns higher than the seahawks hmm

James

James wrote:

Willie Parker broke his leg last night. Done for the year. Steelers are fucked. They're lucky the season is winding down or the Browns would have easily won that division.

The chances of a Browns-Pats matchup just increased. I dont think Pit can beat Cleveland without a solid running game.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

That's ashame, I didn't see that. But I did see Najah Davenport playing alot. Did the injury happen early on??

Not only this season, but his career could be questionable. I'm sure he'll return, but at what level?! I can't think of any RB's who broke a leg & came back. TO did it, so I guess it's possible to return at a high level. I wish him the best.

Ashame for Pitt though, they seemed like a solid team for the playoffs. Now SD & Indy just got alot better, and Cleveland.

Board footer