You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

tejastech08 wrote:

Speaking of Pacino's work in Part III, I love the scene where he gets pissed at Connie and Vincent. "I command this family, RIGHT OR WRONG. It was NOT what I wanted!" Up until that point in the movie, he was a far more subdued version of Michael Corleone (he's older of course), but at that point he showed some of the fire from the end of Part 1 and all of Part 2.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, that was a great scene.

...or the "Everytime I get out... the pull me BACK IN" scene 16

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster

Always great for a laugh

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, I thought Pearcy was also homeboys with Mickey Rourke, like Axl.

You know Russ, I rented The Wrestler again awhile back, and showed it to some friends, and I watched it a second time, and still thought it was great. They watched it, and went... "ehhh"

I don't see how anyone can watch that movie and not think it's a great film. The Boss at the end still kicks major ass. 9

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, I thought Pearcy was also homeboys with Mickey Rourke, like Axl.

No... Mickey hates hair metal and everything associated with it. The only band he wanted in the film was GNR. I saw an interview with him and the director and Darren had to keep pushing the music on him (and length of his wig) saying, "Mickey, its called acting." 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Didn't know that. Ehh... I don't exactly consider Ratt "hair metal" in the pure sense of the word.

They're somewhere in metal purgatory. Not as glam as Poison, but not as hard as GN'R.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

In any case, I'm trying to find that alternate version and not having much luck. What's weird is that the version of the actual soundtrack for The Wrestler is the original Ratt recording.

I Googled the Stephen Pearcy re-recording last night and found out that it does exist, but I can't find a copy anywhere.

Yeah he re-recorded it with "Rat Attack" with Tracii Guns and some guy from Dokken.  I just read on wikipedia.

I just got through watching "The Wrestler" on HBO for the first time and damn that was a GREAT movie.  I used to love wrestling back in the day when I was a kid, not so much anymore.  But I could relate to the aging wrestling star of the 80's angle.  The music was great.  Absolutely loved that scene in the bar with Randy and Cassidey talking about how great the 80's were with Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard.  And then Kurt Cobain came along and fucked everything up.  The 90's sucked.  That was classic.

And let me be the 1000th person to say this, Marisa Tomei looks DAMN good.  I'm not even gonna say for her age, she looks good for any age, but for 45?  That is crazy.  All girls should do whatever she's doing, because it's certainly working.  You gotta love actresses who aren't afraid to shed clothing for the sake of art.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Marisa Tomei.... i'd wreck that. Goddamn amazing, and her age just makes her look better.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Marisa Tomei.... i'd wreck that. Goddamn amazing, and her age just makes her look better.

I've never seen the movie, but I hear it's quite good and she gets quite naked in it, "Before The Devil Knows You're Dead".

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've never seen the movie, but I hear it's quite good and she gets quite naked in it, "Before The Devil Knows You're Dead".

Yep, she does get naked quite a bit. Damn good movie and she is smokin' hot in it. I've got it on Blu-ray. big_smile

Board footer