You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

tejastech08 wrote:

Russ, you dirty little beyotch...have you seen the Godfather yet? 16

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Sky movies put all three Godfather movies on back to back the other day so I set the recorder and have spent the last couple of days watching all three.

Three excellent films, as previously mentioned there's a lot to take in and I suspect it takes considerably more than one viewing to truly appreciate it. First thing that struck me was how fantastic the films looked considering the first two are now pushing fourty years old.

I'd probably say on one viewing of each that the first is my favourite but it's close, I think it's Brando's performance that tips it in part I's favour for me he's simply fantastic. He appears as the all powerful and in control Don for at most an hour before it all crumbles away and Pacino takes centre stage and yet in that time he manages to deliver a performance so memorable that Vitos presence looms over all three films long after his death.

Pacino too is sensational, his portrayal of Michael's rise and fall (if you can call it that) is brilliant. For me he gets better as the saga continues with his performance in III being his best imo.

I was pleasantly surprised with part III, a lot better than I was expecting. All it lacks is a better supporting cast and it would be close to rivalling I and II. It's just missing a Brando, De Niro or even Duvall to take it up a notch or two. However I still think III's very good, the climax for instance I thought was better than both I or II in terms of tension and drama. I think Axlin mentioned that there's definitely a few winks to part I in part III, the 'No' Vincent gives to Mary early on in part III is a carbon copy of the 'No' Michael gives Kay right at the end of part I.

Glad to say I've finally seen them and I'm glad I did, it was well worth the 9 or so hours it took to watch them 16

On another note, went to see Law Abiding Citizen the other day. Not the best, think Man on Fire meets Saw but without the story of MOF or the suspense of Saw.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Russ, you dirty little beyotch...have you seen the Godfather yet? 16

No....BUT I have a strong suspicion I'm finally getting the blu ray set for xmas.

You should be ashamed that Axlin08 beat you to the punch. tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, ever since I watched those movies, i've been quoting them like a mother fucker in real life. 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, ever since I watched those movies, i've been quoting them like a mother fucker in real life. 16

Oh yeah? Well wait until you've seen 'em another 10-15 times. 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I gave out a list of BDs I'd like for xmas to people who asked and the Godfather set was at the top on each one. I have a good feeling about this. If I get them, I'm gonna watch at least part 1 on xmas day

Part 1 actually features some Christmas settings so it's a good time of year to watch it. 22

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Also, try Once Upon A Time In America. Nice underrated mafia movie with Deniro by Sergio Leone.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wall-E. I just did not get this movie. Animation was good, but shut it off after 30 minutes.  Was I missing something??

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

Saw "Alice in Wonderland" as well. IMAX 3D. Loved it.

Currently in the middle of "Edward Scissorhands" since I have never seen it and Russ has basically told me this is a grave error. Got about halfway through it the other night, maybe we'll finish tonight...

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Marisa Tomei.... i'd wreck that. Goddamn amazing, and her age just makes her look better.

I've never seen the movie, but I hear it's quite good and she gets quite naked in it, "Before The Devil Knows You're Dead".

excellent flick... highly recommend

Board footer