You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

Neemo wrote:

was it broke? it didnt look that bad when it happened, and i fell asleep before the said what was wrong with him

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yes it's broke. Or at least they announced that he will not play any more this season.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yeah I believe they said it was a fractured fibula. Same injury that my boy Shockey had last week. sad

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

2008 pro bowl selections

AFC roster
Offense

Quarterback
Tom Brady, New England (s); Peyton Manning, Indianapolis; Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh

Running back
LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego (s); Willie Parker, Pittsburgh; Joseph Addai, Indianapolis

Fullback
Lorenzo Neal, San Diego (s);

Wide receiver
Randy Moss, New England (s); Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis (s); Braylon Edwards, Cleveland; T. J. Houshmandzadeh, Cincinnati

Tight end
Antonio Gates, San Diego (s); Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City

Offensive tackle
Matt Light, New England (s); Jason Peters, Buffalo (s); Jonathan Ogden, Baltimore

Offensive guard
Alan Faneca, Pittsburgh (s); Logan Mankins, New England (s); Kris Dielman, San Diego

Center
Jeff Saturday, Indianapolis (s); Dan Koppen, New England

Defense

Defensive end
Jared Allen, Kansas City (s); Kyle Vanden Bosch, Tennessee (s); Jason Taylor, Miami

Defensive tackle
Albert Haynesworth, Tennessee (s); Vince Wilfork, New England (s); Jamal Williams, San Diego

Outside linebacker
James Harrison, Pittsburgh (s); Mike Vrabel, New England (s); Shawne Merriman, San Diego

Inside linebacker
DeMeco Ryans, Houston (s); Ray Lewis, Baltimore

Cornerback
Champ Bailey, Denver (s); Asante Samuel, New England (s); Antonio Cromartie, San Diego;

Free safety
Ed Reed, Baltimore  (s)

Strong safety
Bob Sanders, Indianapolis (s); Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh

Special teams

Punter
Shane Lechler, Oakland (s)

Placekicker
Rob Bironas, Tennessee (s)

Kick returner
Joshua Cribbs, Cleveland (s)

Special teamer
Kassim Osgood, San Diego (s)

NFC roster

Offense

Quarterback
Brett Favre, Green Bay (s); Tony Romo, Dallas; Matt Hasselbeck, Seattle

Running back
Adrian Peterson, Minnesota (s); Marion Barber, Dallas; Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia

Fullback
Tony Richardson, Minnesota  (s)

Wide receiver
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona (s); Terrell Owens, Dallas (s); Donald Driver, Green Bay; Torry Holt, St. Louis

Tight end
Jason Witten, Dallas (s); Chris Cooley, Washington

Offensive tackle
Flozell Adams, Dallas (s); Walter Jones, Seattle (s); Chris Samuels, Washington

Offensive guard
Leonard Davis, Dallas (s); Steve Hutchinson, Minnesota (s); Shawn Andrews, Philadelphia

Center
Andre Gurode, Dallas (s); Matt Birk, Minnesota

Defense

Defensive ends
Aaron Kampman, Green Bay (s); Patrick Kerney, Seattle (s); Osi Umenyiora, New York

Defensive tackles
Kevin Williams, Minnesota (s); Pat Williams, Minnesota (s); Tommie Harris, Chicago

Outside linebacker
Julian Peterson, Seattle (s); DeMarcus Ware, Dallas (s); Lance Briggs, Chicago

Inside linebacker
Lofa Tatupu, Seattle (s); Patrick Willis, San Francisco

Cornerback
Al Harris, Green Bay (s); Marcus Trufant, Seattle (s); Terence Newman, Dallas

Free safety
Sean Taylor, Washington (s); Ken Hamlin, Dallas

Strong safety
Darren Sharper, Minnesota (s)

Special teams

Punter
Andy Lee, San Francisco (s)

Placekicker
Nick Folk, Dallas (s)

Kick returner
Devin Hester, Chicago (s)

Special teamer
Brendon Ayanbadejo, Chicago (s)

Number of Selections by team

11 Selections
Dallas Cowboys

8 Selections
New England Patriots
San Diego Chargers

7 Selections
Minnesota Vikings

6 Selections
Seattle Seahawks

5 Selections
Pittsburgh Steelers

4 Selections
Chicago Bears
Green Bay Packers
Indianapolis Colts

3 Selections
Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins

2 Selections
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers

1 Selection
Arizona Cardinals
Buffalo Bills
Cincinnati Bengals
Denver Broncos
Houston Texans
Miami Dolphins
New York Giants
Oakland Raiders
St. Louis Rams

No Selections
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

apparently TO left the game with an ankle injury

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I hate the Pro Bowl. Always have, always will. I have always thought the league should either have it take place in the middle of the season or just get rid of it completely. The game has never been taken seriously.

Apparently TO's injury isn't that bad, and it looks like Dallas is going to win.

They now control their own destiny. They win next week(or Green Bay loses this week), Dallas has home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

I hate how shit changes every fucking year. Had you predicted Dallas would be the number 1 seed before the season started people would have thought you were insane.

Other than the Pats, there are no dominant teams/dynasties anymore. Next year it will probably be Arizona or Minnesota that dominates the NFC. The year after that it will be Tampa or Carolina.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

You hate the way teams can unexpectedly rise to the top? That's stupid. It's what makes sports worthwhile, although your Dallas example is a bad one, lots of analysists picked them to go deep into the playoffs before the season. Parody can get tiresome but 'any given Sunday' is what makes the NFL worth watching.

James

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

You hate the way teams can unexpectedly rise to the top? That's stupid. It's what makes sports worthwhile, although your Dallas example is a bad one, lots of analysists picked them to go deep into the playoffs before the season. Parody can get tiresome but 'any given Sunday' is what makes the NFL worth watching.

You've grown up in the parity era. Of course the opposite looks stupid to you. People who lived through the golden era will agree with me on this. When the league had a handful of dominate teams in each conference, things were a LOT more interesting.

Who was gonna win the NFC? 49ers? Bears? Giants? Redskins? Now, its "which shitty team is gonna come out on top?" Big fucking difference.

Only reason Dallas has that record is because the league is mediocre now. Put this Dallas team in the 80's, they go 9-7 or 8-8(or worse).

James

James wrote:

I got home about an hour ago, so I missed the early games. I'm watching the Pats blow out the Dolphins, and the scores are coming in.

Two HUGE losses today. Cleveland picked the absolute worst time to lose. Pittsburgh clinches the division, and now Cleveland is gonna stumble into the playoffs knowing they couldn't beat a shitty Bengals team.

Green Bay got their asses kicked by Chicago. Now Dallas has home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Dallas can be beat at home, but this really sucks for the Packers because their best chance at making it to the SB was teams having to go into bad weather on their field. Favre's chances for one last ring before retiring have just dropped dramatically.

Giants clinched the 5th playoff spot today. Now Minnesota and Washington are going to battle for the last playoff spot, and those two teams actually play each other tonight. Minnesota wins, and they get the final playoff spot.

Detroit finally wins again, but its too little, too late. Jacksonville killed Oakland, and that team is going to the playoffs red hot. I have been predicting all year that Cleveland would be the spoiler in the playoffs. Jacksonville may be the spoiler.

Rest of the games were meaningless.

James

James wrote:

They just showed the playoff picture, and Cleveland has to fight for that last spot.:nervous: If Tennessee wins next week and Cleveland loses, the Titans are in the playoffs. That would mean 3 teams from one division would go to the playoffs(Colts, Jags, Titans). I don't think that has happened since the divisions were realigned.

Barry Sanders was at the Detroit game?:nervous: Interesting.

Board footer