You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slash album reviews

Axlin16 wrote:

And there lies the problem. Bri hit on it, but I think in some instances, it's almost subconscious.

Madagas, nobody can get that early 70's Stones back. You know that, I know that, but nobody WILL know that with GN'R, until the reunion happens, and it's a "blink and you'll miss it" event.

GN'R is frozen in that time warp, because they did go away at the zenith of their popularity. The reality, like Bri pointed out, is lack of interest in these guys by themselves proves that interest is gone. I bet Ratt is getting more airplay than Slash's stuff right now.

People get old. People move on, time moves on, but the memory remains, and they think that getting the band back together will bring that back. NOTHING can turn back the clock. Axl's still an amazing vocalist and frontman... but what they'll eventually see is a fat 50 year old man, who doesn't move like he used to, doesn't look like he used to, and Slash barely able to keep up.

The consumer wants GN'R. So they'll measure everything by that standard. Yet what they want, doesn't exist, and hasn't for 20 years.

It's an impossible task that Axl & Slash have been asked to accomplish. They are fighting to win a fixed football game.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And there lies the problem. Bri hit on it, but I think in some instances, it's almost subconscious.

Madagas, nobody can get that early 70's Stones back. You know that, I know that, but nobody WILL know that with GN'R, until the reunion happens, and it's a "blink and you'll miss it" event.

GN'R is frozen in that time warp, because they did go away at the zenith of their popularity. The reality, like Bri pointed out, is lack of interest in these guys by themselves proves that interest is gone. I bet Ratt is getting more airplay than Slash's stuff right now.

People get old. People move on, time moves on, but the memory remains, and they think that getting the band back together will bring that back. NOTHING can turn back the clock. Axl's still an amazing vocalist and frontman... but what they'll eventually see is a fat 50 year old man, who doesn't move like he used to, doesn't look like he used to, and Slash barely able to keep up.

The consumer wants GN'R. So they'll measure everything by that standard. Yet what they want, doesn't exist, and hasn't for 20 years.

It's an impossible task that Axl & Slash have been asked to accomplish. They are fighting to win a fixed football game.

1970-1974 Stones ruled.

People do want the real thing.  They want the reunion... Slash would play like he was in GNR if he was back in GNR, but some places he just won't go unless he is in that band.  They will reunite in 2012 for the HOF, mark it down.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Pretty Accurate. The positive spin on it all would be that what they did has stood the test of time. They are different people now and have plenty to offer, however you will not find the energy and exuberance of Appetite among their offerings. Guns N Ross was a time and a place. The sum of Gun's N' Roses was much greater than its parts. But the time and place where that sum resided, no longer exists.

In the words of one of my Musical Mascot Chris Cornell

Yes I know the name sounds a little bit familiar
Like a melody to a dream
Yes I know he wore the same face, the same clothes
But that was so long ago

I know who you want to find
Somewhere is the memory of somebody I left behind
Well lets take it all in stride
Yeah it's that time to say goodbye
He doesn't live here anymore

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash would play like he was in GNR if he was back in GNR, but some places he just won't go unless he is in that band.  They will reunite in 2012 for the HOF, mark it down.

I hope your right. And if you are I'll see you there.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash's Album is number 1 on Itunes at the moment!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Wow!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I said when CD came out and I'll say it again. People don't care about Guns n Roses anymore.

CD's lack of sales, hits and airplay--other than week 1 of the song Chinese Democracy--proved it. The same will hold true for Slash. It's being stunningly ignored by radio. By the Sword hasn't cracked the charts yet unless it did so today or yesterday. It will not sell well, and if it generates a hit, it'll be likely more to do with Fergie or Adam Levine than anything else.

"By The Sword" hit number 47 on the billboard charts this week and apparently the album is selling quite well through iTunes.  Which is somewhat of a surprise to me.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Im such an asshole.. i put a copy of Slash in the Chinese Democracy section at Best Buy! LOL

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I said when CD came out and I'll say it again. People don't care about Guns n Roses anymore.

CD's lack of sales, hits and airplay--other than week 1 of the song Chinese Democracy--proved it. The same will hold true for Slash. It's being stunningly ignored by radio. By the Sword hasn't cracked the charts yet unless it did so today or yesterday. It will not sell well, and if it generates a hit, it'll be likely more to do with Fergie or Adam Levine than anything else.

"By The Sword" hit number 47 on the billboard charts this week and apparently the album is selling quite well through iTunes.  Which is somewhat of a surprise to me.

47 on the rock list. Remember when Chinese Democracy was in the top 10 it didn't count because it was on the rock list. Just sayin'.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Slash didn't have 10 years of mystery and mystique surrounding his comeback

Not being a hater.. just pointing out a fact

Board footer