You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Stacey wrote:

Watched more of Purple Rain the other night than I've ever watched before.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Saw Clash of the Titans Friday night. It was fucking amazing. It reaffirmed my belief that if you cross Liam Neeson, he will in fact fuck your wife.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Saw Clash of the Titans Friday night. It was fucking amazing. It reaffirmed my belief that if you cross Liam Neeson, he will in fact fuck your wife.

It was an excellent film.  Only complaint is at my theater they only had it in 3D and there is absolutely no reason to see this movie in that format.  They only did it charge you the extra $3.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
Rex wrote:

It was an excellent film.  Only complaint is at my theater they only had it in 3D and there is absolutely no reason to see this movie in that format.  They only did it charge you the extra $3.

Exactly. If I see this again, it will not be in 3D. I'm tired of this big 3D resurgence, when 3/4 of the films aren't nearly worth it.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Rex wrote:

Exactly. If I see this again, it will not be in 3D. I'm tired of this big 3D resurgence, when 3/4 of the films aren't nearly worth it.

Yeah I read some article where James Cameron was talkin about it.  He says to convert a film to 3D it usually takes about 6 months to a year.  They did it for Clash of the Titans in 8 weeks.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

So I was channel-surfing yesterday and came across American Gangster on TNT. I had not seen it and had heard a lot of mixed reviews of it. I thought it kicked ass. Bought it today on Blu-ray. Holy shit TNT's standard def broadcast looks like pure crap compared to the Blu-ray -- worse than some of the other networks. Anyway, the movie was definitely a pleasant surprise for me and I enjoyed the extended edition even more. Denzel and Crowe both did really well in their portrayals. The movie kind of felt like a combination of a number of crime stories. You had the kings/generals aspect of it like The Godfather, but you also had the "foot soldiers" aspect of it like Goodfellas. And you even had a cool ending similar to Catch Me If You Can. Loved that Denzel took down 150 other criminals/corrupt cops with him.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

took the kids today to see "How to Train Your Dragon" in 3-D....it was the little one's first theatre experience

the movie was actually pretty cool, the animation is incredible, and the 3d technology is pretty sweet...my oldest was loving it, there is a part at the end where there is a bunch of ashes falling around like snow and she was looking around at it all...so cool

some cool action sequences and funny parts as well... dream works is really upped the ante on the animated theatrical films in recent years ... its great that the rivalry between them and pixar just makes the average joe's experience more enjoyable 5

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I straight up LOVED American Gangster. And I totally agree with the assessment. It really does feel like a lot of different things about other crime movies I like are evident in it. I like the "15%" scene.

I think you mean 20%. 22

That scene was awesome, especially since it allegedly really happened. 16

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Thursday (1998) Funny violent drug film with Thomas Jane, Mickey Rourke, Aaron Echkhart.  Paula Porkoziva (spelling?) had a couple of great scenes (and gets nude too!).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

it was fucking weird

Board footer