You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

hard rock blues guitarists come a DIME A DOZEN. Granted Slash is one of the best, but unique? No sir, never really was, short of the top hat.

Slash has been duplicated many times, and in some cases - surpassed.

I disagree pretty strongly with this.  Slash has a sound that is not easily reproduced.  Maybe his technical ability is easily replaced, but I played Messages for a friend and he instantly said "is that Slash?"  His tone and his style gives it away.  He has signature things that he does that are not the same as what every other blues player does.  To those of us that enjoy his playing, the things he does are every bit as unique as BH and his killswitch or whatever other signature style others have.  Any guitar player that can be quickly identified just by his playing is unique.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Buckethead is probably the most obvious example, and usuable example. Bucket's wrote great stuff over the years, by himself, and also contribute to the very fabric of Chinese. Although Bucket brought a different flavor to GN'R, because he's a technical shredder, let's keep in mind, that we never got to, so far, see Bucket perform his TWAT solo live, we never got to see the bluesy and soulful solos of If The World & Sorry performed live by Bucket, and if we had, there is a big possibility that guitar work could've went down in the annals of GN'R history, right alongside Slash's stuff.

Want to hear Bucket play TWAT live, put on headphones and listen to the song.  That's what it would have sounded like live.

Part of what makes him such an astounding guitarist is he's not the typical shredder who just throws a ton of notes as fast as he can and it changes from night to night, the guy remembers what he plays. 

GNR is so unique in the fact that the fan base is getting torn into even more camps now.  You have people who love Axl, or Slash, and now Bucket.  Instead of just the Axlites vs the Slashites, you have to add in the Bucket supporters as well and also the Ron supporters. 

The amount of talent that has gone through GNR is mind blowing.  Two times in their history they had assembled the greatest band to walk the face of the planet, but only really used that talent the first time.  The second time it went to waste.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I think his first TWAT solo is like nectar for the ears, its so simple and yet the feeling he manages to capture and convey in those short moments is exquisite.

Absolutely seconded. Took the words pretty much outta my mouth.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Buckethead is probably the most obvious example, and usuable example. Bucket's wrote great stuff over the years, by himself, and also contribute to the very fabric of Chinese. Although Bucket brought a different flavor to GN'R, because he's a technical shredder, let's keep in mind, that we never got to, so far, see Bucket perform his TWAT solo live, we never got to see the bluesy and soulful solos of If The World & Sorry performed live by Bucket, and if we had, there is a big possibility that guitar work could've went down in the annals of GN'R history, right alongside Slash's stuff.

Part of what makes him such an astounding guitarist is he's not the typical shredder who just throws a ton of notes as fast as he can and it changes from night to night, the guy remembers what he plays.

Bucket could play it  note for note every night, but he wouldn't. Listen to his Soothsayer boots or Notthingham Lace boots, Bucket never plays a solo the same way twice. That's what's so cool about his shows. Almost always different.

That's why that Rio Nighttrain is the best. He didn't play it exactly like that every time.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=59760.0

Nikki Sixx allegedly claims in an interview that DJ Sixx is "just filling in"...too funny... in more ways than one.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just a theory, DJ might not be under contract?

It would only make sense with Axl's history with musicians, to have DJ go through a probationary period. Especially if he got out there and sucked it all up. Last thing Axl would want to do is have to buy out his contract.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=59760.0

Nikki Sixx allegedly claims in an interview that DJ Sixx is "just filling in"...too funny... in more ways than one.

Yeah, but Paul Stanley said Doc wasn't GNR's manager... Not sure I'm buying anything these guys say.

DJ sure talks like he's a member of the band. Not unless his true attitude is different. He probably would have more personal success with Sixx AM then GNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

My Solution: Have Ron take Robin's/DJ's place and bring back Buckethead. big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

whatever...i asked DJ about sixx am's next disk...he said that it was done and it was really cool stuff but that he was focusing on GnR right now

Nikki has his Sixx Sense radio program which is syndicated all over north america and then who know what Crue has cooking as well...i'm sure DJ is in for the long haul and when gnr takes a break then Sixx:AM will release their new album and then we'll see what happens...gnr wont be touring forever and ever...maybe Nikki's comment was that DJ is occupying his time with GnR since Sixx:AM is on downtime

i dont consider it to be a concern tbh

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Sixx says DJ is filling in downtime in Sixx AM touring with GNR. That's basically what he says. These guys are all talking out of their asses, all trying to make themselves look good. Doesn't matter if they don't really know what they're talking about, they just ramble on about their lifeworld, trying their best to make it sound like their "next thing" is the best thing ever.

Fun fact Nikki: DJ is touring with GNR until Axl and the band sees fit to stop. DJ wanna do GNR because it's a bigger gig than Sixx: AM, and DJ wanna make money.

Fuck fact Paul Stanley: Your manager is dealing with Guns N Roses. They're even playing cards togheter.

Board footer