You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Anyone else?  I'm creating a list of tone deaf members...

faldor wrote:

Not that people were reading all that much into it, or maybe they were, but DJ posted about an hour ago on HTGTH.

I can assure everyone that I am not just "filling in" I am very excited about the upcoming concerts and my future with Guns N' Roses and I'm honored to be apart of such a legendary band. God only knows the destruction were planning to do. Hope your all well N' I hope this clears shit up . . . .

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

see i love it...a response to false speculation in what a day? awesome!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

faldor wrote:

Not that people were reading all that much into it, or maybe they were, but DJ posted about an hour ago on HTGTH.

I can assure everyone that I am not just "filling in" I am very excited about the upcoming concerts and my future with Guns N' Roses and I'm honored to be apart of such a legendary band. God only knows the destruction were planning to do. Hope your all well N' I hope this clears shit up . . . .

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

I know, I posted on HTGTH that DJ has interacted more with the fans in the last hour than Robin did in 10 years.  And that's not really meant to be a knock on Robin.  More just pointing out every member has their strengths and weaknesses.  It's subjective if you hate DJ's look, playing style, or behavior.  But it's tough to argue with his fan interaction.  It's top notch if you ask me.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I never really had any problems with Robin's take on the GNR classics, but I certainly can't say I'd prefer his versions over others.

He was actually okay to pretty good on some of them, but some of them were so terrible that bad would have been insulted if you called his effort bad.

For all the dislike of Robin that I have, I think he contributed well to CD if that is the type of music you like.  For me, it's just not my style.  It doesn't mean it's bad, I just don't care for it.

Sky Dog wrote:
faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

faldor wrote:

Much Love N' Respect
~DjA~

I know, I posted on HTGTH that DJ has interacted more with the fans in the last hour than Robin did in 10 years.  And that's not really meant to be a knock on Robin.  More just pointing out every member has their strengths and weaknesses.  It's subjective if you hate DJ's look, playing style, or behavior.  But it's tough to argue with his fan interaction.  It's top notch if you ask me.

I don't really need fan interaction....just my personal taste. I want to see a band release music for public consumption and tour. The occasional interview is just gravy.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

I see DJ has caught the disease of using " N' " instead of "and" whenever he writes now.  lol

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Mixed feelings. On the one hand, it's very cool to see DJ just cut out the middle man, go right to the source, and clear shit up.

On the other, I think you have to be careful with stuff like that. Sometimes just playing and doing occasional interviews, like madagas stated, is the best.

If these internet geeks get too close, you start getting Disney character questions, and do you think Marge Simpson is hot? roll

highend88
 Rep: 2 

highend88 wrote:

From GNR Twitter:
RT @tommy_stinson: Just got to the studio...ready to mix. http://yfrog.com/036gej
about 8 hours ago via web

Mixing new GNR CD or just Tommy Solo Album?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

been lots of talk about his next solo album so that would be my guess smile

Sky Dog wrote:

tommy solo album

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Mixed feelings. On the one hand, it's very cool to see DJ just cut out the middle man, go right to the source, and clear shit up.

On the other, I think you have to be careful with stuff like that. Sometimes just playing and doing occasional interviews, like madagas stated, is the best.

If these internet geeks get too close, you start getting Disney character questions, and do you think Marge Simpson is hot? roll

Well do yourself a favor then and stay away from any of DJ's "fan meetings" in his haunted mansion.  It's a sight to behold.

I think the fan interaction is great.  For years we were complaining about being in the dark and never hearing anything.  Now, at least we get SOME info.  Of course, we still don't know much on the business end of things but nonetheless.  And I agree, I'd take music output over fan interaction.  As far as I know Buckethead doesn't "talk" to fans much, but he releases new music every other week.  If given the option, I'd choose that, but I don't see GNR ever reaching anywhere near Bucket's musical output.  So in the meantime, I'll take what I can get.

Board footer