You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Kick Ass - kicked ass.

The Wolfman - kinda crap.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Unforgiven

...still amazing

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Watched Ernest Goes to School. Horrific. While it was filmed six years before he died, watching this makes you wonder if he was already sick. The Ernest character presented here is completely different than in previous installments. I need to watch some of the later films to see if its the same or Varney had simply lost his mojo for this one film.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I never knew Jim Varney died.  What did he die of?  Can't find anything on wikipedia. 

I watched American History X again the other night again.  Good film.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
faldor wrote:

I never knew Jim Varney died.  What did he die of?  Can't find anything on wikipedia. 

I watched American History X again the other night again.  Good film.

Lung cancer.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

I never knew Jim Varney died.

His death really flew under the radar. I didn't realize he was dead until a couple years after it happened.

Ernest Saves Christmas is amazing. His films take a pretty steep decline after that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ernest Saves Christmas was great, and I also enjoyed Ernest Goes To Camp, and to a slightly lesser extent Ernest Scared Stupid. But there's alot more turkeys. Goes To Jail, Rides Again, Goes To School... Ernest Goes To Hell: The Final Friday.

But don't forget, in Varney's later years he did provide voice work on Toy Story & Toy Story 2. Those were MEGA films.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Ghost World (2001)

Great film.  Funny cameo from "Babu" in Seinfeld.  The really weird thing is that looking at the filmography, Thora Birch's career nosedived after this one (mostly straight to dvd stuff) while Scarlett Johannson's took off. 

Too bad because Birch and Steve Buschemi are great here and Johannson does a passable job as Rebecca, although she is a little too wooden in her role.  I wonder whether or not she'll ever top her "Lost in Translation" performance.

I'm going to watch [rec] next.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

it was fucking weird

That's got that lilly cole chick in it 20

I must get around to watching, or is it too bizzare?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

finished Jennifer's Body. It was so-so. Not great, but not as bad as people say.

Yeah...it just seemed confused as a movie to me...like the comedy parts seemed more at home in an Adfam Sandler flick or something...

Board footer