You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

monkeychow wrote:

I would want it to be real and not just for cash. Like i would want Axl and Slash to actually come to a friendship again, and for each of them to have a riff/song that they knew was just dying for the other. If that happened...I have no doubt it would be killer. But if they can't speak to each other, and fone it in over the internet never meeting, well it might still be cool, but maybe not the same.

I disagree about Ac/Dc being done with BIB though...they've had a bunch of songs I've loved since then.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
madagas wrote:

Too drunk to read it all but I never want Gnr (the original band) to come back and release shit like Aerosmith and AC/DC do now. Aerosmith was done in 1977...Gnr was done in 1991. AC/DC was done with Back in Black. The Stones were done after Some Girls in 78...I would rather see Axl and the new guys forge their own path than be crushed by a shit "original" Gnr new studio album. That being said, I would like to see Axl and Slash do something together.

I really like Permanent Vacation and Pump - I'd be happy for GNR to get together if they could release albums of that quality, but I agree I'd rather they leave it alone if all we got was a load of half assed ballads. Although I don't think Axl would let that happen

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i just see artistic direction and vision as a big part of what tore them apart. why would they, all of the sudden, be on the same page if they repaired their friendship. slash would definitely have to be the one doing more of the compromising if it were to work musically.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Too drunk to read it all but I never want Gnr (the original band) to come back and release shit like Aerosmith and AC/DC do now. Aerosmith was done in 1977...Gnr was done in 1991. AC/DC was done with Back in Black. The Stones were done after Some Girls in 78...I would rather see Axl and the new guys forge their own path than be crushed by a shit "original" Gnr new studio album. That being said, I would like to see Axl and Slash do something together.

Bullshit 'ya drunk...

Perminate Vacation & Pump are two of Aerosmith's best albums, yet were born in the return.

Razor's Edge is one of AC/DC's best albums, and came out in 1990, years after Back In Black.

And the Stones were done with Exile...

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

A reunited GNR releasing an album that sells 4 million copies here?? I highly doubt that. At this point in the game I'm wondering if a tour would even do great business. The success of an album is an even bigger question mark.

Best case scenario would be a Steel Wheels type comeback with a good album that has a few great songs. I don't see such an album connecting with four million people here. To pull in those types of numbers requires the youth to be snatching those albums off the shelves, and that's just not gonna happen for an act that would be in their early 50s. Kids aren't gonna be dancing in the street to their parents and grandparents idols. Fuck, Lady GaGa cant even pull in those numbers and her songs are everywhere and she's relevant, but a 50-55 year old Axl and Slash can?

Only way they could even dream of such numbers is a Wal Mart exclusive, Wal Mart pushes it and does it really cheap, and all their shoppers grab it from the display while being in line buying a gallon of punch and pack of bologna.

Anything less and it just isn't happening.

^^ Guns n Roses have the potential for a Led Zeppelin type reunion. They are one of the most popular bands of all time. NO matter where you go in the world you will find original GNR fans. They could easily sell 4mil on a reunted orig lineup album

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
war wrote:

i just see artistic direction and vision as a big part of what tore them apart. why would they, all of the sudden, be on the same page if they repaired their friendship. slash would definitely have to be the one doing more of the compromising if it were to work musically.

Artistic direction back in 1994 presuming both followed those directions they should have covered all they wanted to do in whatever genres they were interested in and at this point be coming full circle for a reunion

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bullshit 'ya drunk...

Perminate Vacation & Pump are two of Aerosmith's best albums, yet were born in the return.

Razor's Edge is one of AC/DC's best albums, and came out in 1990, years after Back In Black.

I agree with most of what you said Axlin except one thing.  Permanent Vacation is NOT one of Aerosmith's greatest record.  It is a solid record I'll give that to you but not one of their greatest.  Pump I agree is one their best.  As for AC\DC I don't see where madagas comes from with this as AC\DC as NEVER changed their format at least since Back in Black.  So to say they have released turds as albums would be saying Back in Black was a shit album.  And Razor was a fantastic record I do agree Axlin.  Where I do agree with madagas though is that yes a reunion would disappoint everybody and I do mean EVERYBODY!  They're all in different places in their lives.  Appetite will never be duplicated by GNR.  And I'm not even sure they can pull another Illusion quality album neither.  Don't believe me Axlin?  Listen to Spaghetti.  While it is a covers album you can hear the band is not as tight as they used to be.  Trust me a reunion would only diminish GNR's legacy.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

A reunited GNR releasing an album that sells 4 million copies here?? I highly doubt that. At this point in the game I'm wondering if a tour would even do great business. The success of an album is an even bigger question mark.

Best case scenario would be a Steel Wheels type comeback with a good album that has a few great songs. I don't see such an album connecting with four million people here. To pull in those types of numbers requires the youth to be snatching those albums off the shelves, and that's just not gonna happen for an act that would be in their early 50s. Kids aren't gonna be dancing in the street to their parents and grandparents idols. Fuck, Lady GaGa cant even pull in those numbers and her songs are everywhere and she's relevant, but a 50-55 year old Axl and Slash can?

Only way they could even dream of such numbers is a Wal Mart exclusive, Wal Mart pushes it and does it really cheap, and all their shoppers grab it from the display while being in line buying a gallon of punch and pack of bologna.

Anything less and it just isn't happening.

^^ Guns n Roses have the potential for a Led Zeppelin type reunion. They are one of the most popular bands of all time. NO matter where you go in the world you will find original GNR fans. They could easily sell 4mil on a reunted orig lineup album

Even a tour would disappoint Stepven.  Back then those guys were rebels, they were hyngry to make their place in the music world.  That is gone now.  And the marathons you got for a show when Axl decided he would play back in the illusion tour would not happen for many reasons nowadays and one of the biggest is that those guys have done just like we all did.  They got older.  A reunion tour would disappoint.  I pray they never do reunite except for the Rock hall of fame.  Let the legacy intact.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bullshit 'ya drunk...

I agree with most of what you said Axlin except one thing.  Permanent Vacation is NOT one of Aerosmith's greatest record.  It is a solid record I'll give that to you but not one of their greatest.  Pump I agree is one their best.  As for AC\DC I don't see where madagas comes from with this as AC\DC as NEVER changed their format at least since Back in Black.  So to say they have released turds as albums would be saying Back in Black was a shit album.  And Razor was a fantastic record I do agree Axlin.  Where I do agree with madagas though is that yes a reunion would disappoint everybody and I do mean EVERYBODY!  They're all in different places in their lives.  Appetite will never be duplicated by GNR.  And I'm not even sure they can pull another Illusion quality album neither.  Don't believe me Axlin?  Listen to Spaghetti.  While it is a covers album you can hear the band is not as tight as they used to be.  Trust me a reunion would only diminish GNR's legacy.

Yeah but they were exhausted by that point. They were breaking apart.

A reinvigorated GN'R would be an entirely different story. I know Slash, Duff & Izzy would go into it full-blown "let's do something great".

The only question would be Axl and his mental state. How enthused would he be?

As for on stage, are you nuts? It's Guns N' Fuckin' Roses. If anything it would REVIVE the old dangerous era. The band nearly breaking apart every five seconds, yet Axl & Slash just did the best version of Jungle ever. Axl getting pissed at Slash about something and throwing his mic down...

It'd be great! 22

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
war wrote:

Artistic direction back in 1994 presuming both followed those directions they should have covered all they wanted to do in whatever genres they were interested in and at this point be coming full circle for a reunion

irrelevant. it's not about genres - it's about axl wanting to constantly try different things and slash wanting to stay grounded. slash would have to be willing to explore whatever crazy ideas axl had in mind at the time.

Board footer