You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

buzzsaw wrote:

I got the Green Day RB game yesterday.  Pretty cool - focuses mostly on their 2 best albums (imo).

Which are which ones? I haven't really looked in to the game, since I haven't played RB or GH in a few years, but I'd be curious about it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Communist China wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I got the Green Day RB game yesterday.  Pretty cool - focuses mostly on their 2 best albums (imo).

Which are which ones? I haven't really looked in to the game, since I haven't played RB or GH in a few years, but I'd be curious about it.

Dookie and American Idiot, though I like pretty much their whole library.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I've realized that I'm just never going to get back into Red Dead Redemption. I enjoyed the hell out of what I did play but with everything going on, I'm just never gonna pick it up again.

Dude, it's a LONG fucking game. Probably the longest story-based game i've ever played. Reminded me of GTA: San Andreas in some ways, but it dwarfs that game's story mode too.

There's just SO much to do, in addition to being extremely long. I just finished the game yesterday, yet had been actively playing it once a day at least for a couple weeks.

If it's not missions, it's side stories, or duels or nightwatch gigs or fucking Blackjack (I lost my ass as the Blackjack tables).

There were several times I thought the game was over just based on the storyline, and yet there were still tons of missions to go.

If they ever turned the game into a movie it would be a new Gone with the fucking Wind.

Hidden Text:

Wasn't nuts about the ending to be honest. Thought it should've ended a little earlier, then staved over the final missions to kick off a sequel game. Seemed a little redundant about 2x over.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

About the ending of RDR...

Hidden Text:

I would've preferred something better like John Marston surviving but his wife and son get murdered so he'd get his revenge on Edgar Ross, something in the style of The Outlaw Josey Wales.

I HOPE they make more Red Dead games, maybe the next one should be set earlier in the Wild West since Redemption took place during the end of that era.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That was exactly what I was thinking -

Hidden Text:

Outlaw Josey Wales. That's the direction it should've taken. I didn't like John Marston dying AT ALL. During the 'family' missions, I kept waiting for Abigail, Jack & Uncle to die, and John to dive back into the outlaw world full-bore, but it never happened. Instead John & Uncle die, later Abigail, and then Jack sets off to avenge his father's murder. I just didn't dig it all that much. Plus it was too hard to believe. Jack was not near as likable a character as his father John, not to mention unbelievable how a book worm turns into an elite gunslinger in three years time, and to close the game as him was a bit of a let down. Not to mention unbelieveable.

I thought a sequel could've been set up with Abigail's death, and John falling into the arms and help of Bonnie MacFarlane for the sequel. I actually thought that was where it was going, but it didn't happen

Still with that said, I hope future sequels are on the way. And like you, I hope they are actually prequels. The game finishes in

Hidden Text:

which the Old West was pretty dead by that point. I'd like to see something in the time period of the Mexican-American War, or maybe the settling of the Old West with the constant battles with the indians. Something where there was a constant threat, would give a whole new depth, AND a little less technology.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

I know,

Hidden Text:

Jack Marston is not as cool as his dad, he sounds like a tough-guy wannabe still overcoming puberty. For some reason, he reminds me of the actor Jeremy Davies when he played Charles Manson in the Helter Skelter remake.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they should do a history based one on Billy the Kid (Sante Fe Ring) or something

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Got a pretty sweet deal recently...

Traded in:

Xbox 360 Arcade
+ 2nd Wireless Controller
+ Fifa 09
+ GTA IV
+ Burnout: Paradise City
+ Sega Mega Collection
+ C&C: Red Alert 3
+ Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
+ Far Cry : Predator
+ £130 Cash

Traded For:

Nintendo Wii
+ Wii Fit Plus (with Balance Board)
+ Zelda Twilight Princess
+ Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
+ Mario Galaxy 2
+ Wii Sports
+ Sports Accessories Pack
+ Wii Fit Accessories Pack
+ 2nd Controller (w. Nunchuck)
+ 2 Year Exchange Warranty

I rarely played the 360 so happy to trade it all in to get everything that I did for only £130. It would have been slightly more expensive but the guy at the checkout applied a student discount for me too which knocked about £20 off. Happy days! big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool stuff downliner! i havent played mario galaxy II but one was pretty awesome...and zelda is the shit ...wii fit is supposed to be fun but i havent played that before

Board footer