You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

misterID wrote:

I think DJ will eventually go the way of Brain...

And yeah, Axl would hire Bucket and Robin back in a second. He just wouldn't fire DJ or Ron.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think DJ will eventually go the way of Brain...

And yeah, Axl would hire Bucket and Robin back in a second. He just wouldn't fire DJ or Ron.

Oh dear God, don't give him any ideas.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I don't get the Melbourne thing either. The Rock In Rio thing ruffled a bunch of feathers over at htgth.

From HTGTH

On page 2 of the 'Play' entertainment guide in today's edition of The Herald Sun news paper (Melbournes biggest paper) theres a 'whats hot and not' section and in the 'Not' it states:

"Guns n Roses- playing Sydney, snubbing Melbourne in December"

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

It does seem a long way to go to only play one gig and not do some sort of Aussie tour.  Presumably the money being thrown at them by the V8 super cars makes a one off gig worthwhile.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ So when is this and how do we get tickets? I'm in melbourne..but my car wants to drive to sydney!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Wow, so they're really coming to Sydney then I suppose...?

You'll find all the info here:
http://www.v8supercarevents.com.au/sydney/default.htm

The band announcement will be made 14th July.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Aussie wrote:

It does seem a long way to go to only play one gig and not do some sort of Aussie tour.  Presumably the money being thrown at them by the V8 super cars makes a one off gig worthwhile.

Yup,

Snubbing on Melbourne is the over-excited Ax going on against his niche critics, who raise hell over a one-off show instead of an Aussie tour. Too bad most of the people reading the tweets haven't bothered with the original potshot to begin with. Note, Ax, names. Link up the story for proper context.

Ax alarmed by false fire means there's a ring of truth to it, again. In general, Oz promoters oft do get the short shrift and Guns aren't alone in generally overlooking and 'snubbing' them. Has happened before in the biz side of things and will unfortunately keep happening, given the remote geographic location, for one.

Then again, $1M is big money and covers a lot of overhead. Guns did the 1st European leg this year to attend Helsinki Live, mainly, as the fees were right up there. There may be a contractual clause to withhold from one-off Aussie shows in 2010, as the promoters realize people who'd like to see just the Guns would skip the wheels and head to places like Perth,  Adelaide and Melbourne.

I can't blame Play for saying it out loud, tho. Big-time events rob fans of proper arena shows, which is a far more convenient way to experience the Guns. That and the statute of limitations likely imposed by the contract are big things to swallow just for the hell of it. But then again, Ax can do no wrong.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

The strange thing was I wasn't aware of any comment about "snubbing Melbourne" until Axl bought it to my attention.  Although I still don't even know where the comment is or where it came from???

Anyhow I would take it with grain of salt, Sydney and Melboure have big hangups about each other.  They are like two siblings always trying to compete with each other as to which is the better state, "our city is more liveable, but this one has the harbour, but this one gets all the best sporting events, we've got better weather" etc etc etc.

Presumably that's why the snubbing comment didn't mention any of the other capital cities like Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth (we're they not also "snubbed")?  Either someone from Melbourne got their nose outta joint or someone from Sydney was just trying to rub it in  You don't hear anything from the other capital cities since they are just used to "getting snubbed" all the time.  Presumably the vastness of the distances in our country make it expensive to tour all over.  That's why I was surprised last time GNR toured they actually went to Adelaide and Perth.  Kudos to them for that!!!  I remember it bloody killed me back in 1993 when they came and only went to Sydney and Melbourne, being 18 and living in Perth I simply couldn't afford to go over then.

Sky Dog wrote:

some Australian media outlet claimed Gnr snubbed them....it wasn't just made up by Axl or his minions. After that, I don't know what is going on.

Board footer