You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

slcpunk wrote:
johndivney wrote:

his twitter wasn't hacked. bumble's confirmed the cancellation & said nobody has left the band.
edit - maybe not..

I just talked to Ron and this is what he said:

Give it 48 hours, hopefully whatever it is will get resolved.  (No one quit the band or anything like that...)

Ron

Edit: Please don't bombard him with messages, this is the info.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Well he might not have quit but that statement doesnt fill me with confidence about the rest of the tour.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

But then it could have been a hack by someone who knew that. And I guess it's not rocket science to offer a refund as part of a fake tour over message. But it does make me wonder if something upset him and whatever that was has now passed.

maybe we'll get a different setlist now..
the wording & abruptness of the tweet was very axl-like.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

no, they were fired.  still, seems a little vague

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Ron quitting was just speculation, but apparently he's put that rumor to rest saying that nobody has quit the band. 

When this Rock N Rev show was announced some people were saying how important the show would be to the future of the band.  I never could've imagined it would be THIS important.  Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it didn't seem like the show went over that poorly.  Aside from the late start and the setlist issues, it seemed like your average GNR gig to me.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
faldor wrote:

Ron quitting was just speculation, but apparently he's put that rumor to rest saying that nobody has quit the band. 

When this Rock N Rev show was announced some people were saying how important the show would be to the future of the band.  I never could've imagined it would be THIS important.  Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it didn't seem like the show went over that poorly.  Aside from the late start and the setlist issues, it seemed like your average GNR gig to me.

I'd bet Axl just blew a fuse over something and tweeted that. Now everybody is trying to clean up the mess. Remember the tweet is the only thing we've seen. He may have told other people who make big decisions if was over too, in which case they need time to fix that.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

@djashba Still in rapid city Buying guns with Axl, just bought me a smith & w. 44 snub nose!! America F%#k yeah!

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

So they cancelled the tour to go... Buy guns?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
justbill wrote:

Now they just have to enter a flower shop

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
justbill wrote:

Hope the Shackler lurking deep inside hasnt gained control 18

Board footer