You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Ron:

Leaving
for the UK on Monday, for the GNR TOUR. NOT quitting GNR, don't listen
to any trolls and dweebs pretending they have a clue.2

You mean like Axl's assistants?

It's cool Ron that you have been in the band for 5 years or so, having to do the job of a man who founded the mother fucker 25 years ago.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's cool Ron that you have been in the band for 5 years or so, having to do the job of a man who founded the mother fucker 25 years ago.

You don't say!!

However, as amazing as it is to you chaps, I've been involved with another band with the exact same problem regarding "front men". In his case, he just had no idea how to work a computer at all. Whenever he did, he just wrote one-liners on the forum in reply to people asking him stuff. All a big mess.

Several band members tried to participate, but it just got messy. They never got the entire picture of the events that went on online, misunderstood some things, ignored others completely.

They just don't understand that communication in 2010 is online. There's a huge fat line between those 40 plus and those under. Unless those 40 plus actually make an effort, they will just be stranded in a world of technology they don't understand or care about at all.

Not as bad as Axl, but very close.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Great, Ron isn't quitting--now.

Doesn't mean Axl won't fire him.

To me, the writing is on the wall. Ron doesn't like late starts and wants to record new music.

Sounds a lot like Bucket if you ask me.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

To me, the writing is on the wall. Ron doesn't like late starts and wants to record new music.

Very shallow comparison of course, but yes it does.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Ron doesn't like late starts and wants to record new music.

Sounds a lot like 21

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Sounds a lot like almost everybody. It's a big reason I feel the band is only in it for the money. I can't find any other logical reason to stick around.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Playing the same cover songs in the same order night by night is art. I don't understand how you can't get it. They are there for artistic reasons. A-R-T-I-S-T-I-C R-E-A-S-O-N-S.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think Tommy himself said that he wanted to emulate Duff. That he felt it was right.

That alone says where his head was at. I am truely stunned he's still there. I figured he'd be over this circus years ago. I guess the paycheck is sweet.

And yes, Ron complaining about no new music and late start times... he's close to joining the Slash, Izzy, Bucket, Robin club.

Board footer