You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Ron & Frank Play With Guns 2 Roses

monkeychow wrote:

yeah I'd love to jam with Ron like that...he's fucking so amazing on guitar.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So guys from a cover band got to play with guys from a higher quality cover band?  It's cool that Ron and Frank would do this, but not really newsworthy. And I'd be willing to bet that Ron would play with russ's band if he had time to kill in Detroit. He's the best thing to happen to the new band if what they are now is what they are going to be.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Ron is world class virtuoso, do you think Buckethead, Malmsteen, Vai or Satriani would take the time to do that with some random dudes? if any of those guys showed up and jammed with whoever it'd be news...Son is in the same league as those guys so i dont see why his appearance wouldnt be newsworthy as well hmm

in any case all that aside, still professional musicians jammin with these guys is awesome....that would be an amazing experience

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Believe me, I think Ron is awesome. I just don't think jamming with a cover band is news.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Ron is world class virtuoso, do you think Buckethead, Malmsteen, Vai or Satriani would take the time to do that with some random dudes? if any of those guys showed up and jammed with whoever it'd be news...Son is in the same league as those guys so i dont see why his appearance wouldnt be newsworthy as well hmm

in any case all that aside, still professional musicians jammin with these guys is awesome....that would be an amazing experience

Actually, Buckethead, back when he would meet fans after shows, would take an acoustic and jam with folks outside the venue, everyday folks, on occasion.

Just want to be sure we know the facts.

Back to arguing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

How is it not news? It's guys from GNR playing with a GNR cover act, while still in the official band. That's pretty unusual. Only think more wierd thing I can think of is when Judas Priest replaced their singer with the guy from the coverband. Very cool of Ron and Frank anyway.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Actually, Buckethead, back when he would meet fans after shows, would take an acoustic and jam with folks outside the venue, everyday folks, on occasion.

Just want to be sure we know the facts.

that's pretty cool too 5 ...but the first part was "back when" ... why'd he stop?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So guys from a cover band got to play with guys from a higher quality cover band?  It's cool that Ron and Frank would do this, but not really newsworthy. And I'd be willing to bet that Ron would play with russ's band if he had time to kill in Detroit. He's the best thing to happen to the new band if what they are now is what they are going to be.

Buzz, are you trying to say that we should be eyeing bbf as well as Axl for a guest spot with our band?? 16

Might as well. Just be careful, Axl might turn around and call it Guns N' Roses.

Board footer