You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: What happens when you drink a Coke

James wrote:

Don't drink cola if you want to be healthy. Consuming soft drinks is bad for so many reasons that science cannot even state all the consequences. But one thing we know for sure is that drinking Coke, as a representative of soft drinks, wreaks havoc on the human organism. What happens? Writer Wade Meredith has shown the quick progression of Coke's assault.

The main problem is sugar. It's an evil that the processed food industry and sugar growers don't want people to know about. Even dietitians, financially supported by sugar growers and sugary product manufacturers, are loathe to tell us the truth.

When somebody drinks a Coke watch what happens'¦

* In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
    * 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There's plenty of that at this particular moment)
    * 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
    * 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
    * >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
    * >60 Minutes: The caffeine's diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you'll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
    * >60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you'll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not to defend Coke, but I have a problem with this 'evil sugar' angle. Sure, too much of anything is never good for you, but I get the feeling this is an attempt to lure people into buying diet drinks instead. One can say what one wants about sugar, it is at least natural. I'd take a coke over diet coke any day.

The sound thing to do is of course to stay away from all 'useless' food and drink. Be it sugar or 'no sugar'.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't drink much soda anymore (maybe 1 or 2 a month). Mostly because I just don't buy it when shopping. So whenever I do drink it it really hits me & I get a major sugar rush & all.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I'd take a coke over diet coke any day.

Word!

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Damn Coke!  No wonder I'm an irritable asshole...and I was thinking it was just the Heroin! 14

This chick at my job goes nuts if she drinks coke.

I think every year it's something, first it was bad if you ate eggs, then it was good
Then margarine was bad, now margarine is good
Wine is bad, now wine is good
Red meat is bad, then red meat is good.

I agree, too much of anything isn't good, everything in moderation.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

This chick at my job goes nuts if she drinks coke.

I think every year it's something, first it was bad if you ate eggs, then it was good
Then margarine was bad, now margarine is good
Wine is bad, now wine is good
Red meat is bad, then red meat is good.

I agree, too much of anything isn't good, everything in moderation.

If we all followed the guidlines on healthy eating we'd all starve to death anyway. If something isn't a carcinogen it has too many e numbers or will cause immediate and irreversible obesity. Like you said keep things in moderation and there won't be much of a problem.

Having said that it's scary to see what happens to a tooth if you put it in a glass of coke overnight 18

The Cusack
 Rep: 1 

The Cusack wrote:

I've been hooked on Coca-Cola for about 10 years now and of all the vices I've had or even tried, it's been the hardest to quit.  I love it, but I know I have to quit drinking soda altogether if I want to be healthy.

nugdafied wrote:

This is exactly why I'm a Mt. Dew man. The Dew is good for the soul. 22

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I'm a Diet man myself, so I'm getting the brain rot along with half of these side effects!

Board footer