You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

A Drowning really doesn't do anything for me. I'm disappointed with it.

Communist China

I haven't been paying close enough attention I guess, because I missed this by a few days (or weeks even). But, NIN officially has a new "song", an instrumental track used in the credits of 'Tetsuo: The Bullet Man'. My guess is that its appeal will be pretty exclusive to NIN fans, but I really like it. In my opinion, you'd have to go back to The Fragile to find instrumentals that match or surpass it, although I admit that most of Ghosts has totally faded from my memory.

It's got all the NIN cliches, and a lot of noise. So be prepared, haha.

http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journa … uo-th.html

Also worth noting is that How to Destroy Angels is putting out their first EP tomorrow, FREE (as a download anyway). I'm not particularly excited but you can't complain about a free EP. If you pre-order the free EP they'll email it to you tomorrow and you'll immediately get one track. Don't worry about giving them your email address, I've done it for NIN and Saul Williams (when he was working with Trent) and they never spam.

http://www.howtodestroyangels.com/store/

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Thanks for the updates I'd fallen out of touch with Nails news

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.asp … rk_Sampler

NIN Release Social Network Sampler

by Tim Cashmere - September 19 2010
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Nine Inch Nails have released a free EP with five tracks from the upcoming movie soundtrack, ‘The Social Network’.

The band have been hard at work on the film based around the life of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, with their efforts to be released in full on September 28.

The five tracks available are ‘Pieces From The Whole’, ‘Eventually We Find Our Way’, ‘On We March’, ‘The Gentle Hum of Anxiety’ and ‘Soft Trees Break The Fall’.

You can get the sampler and preorder the full album by heading over to THIS SITE.  http://www.nullco.com/TSN/

While you’re there, you can order a CD, DH Blu-Ray Audio (in 5.1 Surround Sound!) or vinyl copy of the album, which will ship in October. With this preorder, you’ll be given an e-mail link to download a digital version of the album on September 28.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

is robin still in the fold?

Communist China

As far as I know the soundtrack is just Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, I don't think it's under the NIN name.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://blastr.com/2010/09/trent-reznor- … um=twitter

Trent Reznor making a sci-fi series for HBO

The Nine Inch Nails frontman is bringing his apocalyptic 2007 sci-fi concept album to the small screen as an HBO miniseries. Warning: It won't be feel-good TV.

More than two years ago, Trent Reznor dropped the news that he was in early talks with HBO to adapt Year Zero—which had already been turned into an alternate reality game—and now it seems like things are moving along at a pretty decent pace. BBC Worldwide Productions has come aboard as the studio, and Carnivale's Daniel Knauf is writing the pilot.

"It's exciting," Reznor told the L.A. Times' Geoff Boucher. "I probably shouldn't say too much about it except that I understand that there's a thousand hurdles before anything shows up in your TV listing. It's been an interesting and very educational process, and it cleared the HBO hurdle a few months ago, and now we're writing drafts back and forth. So it's very much alive and incubating at the moment."

As for what Year Zero is about, it was born out of Reznor's frustration with what America and, by extension, the world became during the Bush years. And, rather than write a traditional protest record, he decided to spin the story forward. "I started by writing a kind of world bible about what life would be like around 15 or 20 years from now if things continue on the same path. I spent a few weeks filling it in with the events that could lead to this kind of time and place. Then as an experiment I started writing songs about people in this place and from different points of view."

Who knows when you'll see Year Zero? As Reznor freely admits, "I've learned that [television development] moves at a glacial pace." But be prepared for a downer of monumental proportions whenever it arrives.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
faldor wrote:

Trent Reznor making a sci-fi series for HBO

I bet you this is one of the reasons why NIN is on hold for now

Communist China

Trent Reznor wrote:

I’m happy to finally announce the re-issue of the first Nine Inch Nails record “Pretty Hate Machine,” releasing worldwide 11/22. UMe and Bicycle Music Group managed to locate the original mixes, so I went in the studio with Tom Baker and remastered it for a grealy improved sonic experience. In addition, Rob reinterpreted Gary Talpas’ original cover to make for a fresh new package.

It’s been an interesting trip watching the fate of this record float from one set of hands to another (a long and depressing story) but it’s finally wound up in friendly territory, allowing us to polish it up a bit and present it to you now. We had fun revisiting this old friend, hope you enjoy.

TR

I'm very excited to hear this since I think PHM is just too 80s for people of my age, despite its awesome songs. I'd like to know what Bono (our Bono, not the U2 one) thinks though, he's a huge PHM fan and doesn't like much else of NIN from what I remember. Wonder how significant the changes will be.

PHM-cover-CD-ocard.jpg

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

You´re memory is spot on CC. Hell yeah I´m interested in hearing this rerelease. I just hope Trent doesn´t ruin it by tinkering too much. The album is a true classic and I´d rank it in my top ten albums ever. In my opinion it´s far and away NIN best album. In fact it´s really the only NIN album I like(even though I own them all) as I think Trent has been more a master of releasing kickass singles but somewhat duds for albums. I´m positive though in NIN fan circles that opinion is shared by an overwhelming minority. I gotta say though I´m not a fan of the new cover art.

Board footer