You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

jamester wrote:

Blame Canada! 16

Dont take it to serious if u dont already know what it is.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Have to admit the #NewTwitter just got a little, Better! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/better … =297019867 nice work @twitter    about 4 hours ago  via web    Retweeted by 15 people

* Retweet

gunsnroses
Guns N' Roses

jamester

jamester wrote:

PhotoBooth @ the SoHo House for my Bday! http://plixi.com/p/56377392     13 minutes ago  via Plixi

* Retweet

x2_35c4030
LMFAO!!!!
x2_317102a
Bumble, Dizzy and myself! Roaming on our day off in Rome!
x2_2936a1f

jamester

jamester wrote:

#   tommy_stinson

All at www.tommystinson.com 6 minutes ago via web

* Retweet

# Tommy Stinson tommy_stinson

As a thanks for a great Haiti auction, I give you "One Man Mutiny." Watch video of Dizzy, Richard & I recording it in Belgium & DL FREE MP3! 6 minutes ago via web

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That Ron, Dizzy & DJ pic would be great on an album sleeve. Total GN'R style.

That DJ & Nicky pic is goofy.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Kinda wierd to celebrate the US military in this day and age!

Doesn't sit right with me...
hmm

Really? Your opinion is your own but im curious why you feel that way if you care to share.

BTW thanx for posting some of these tweets and news! 22 I feel like such a nerd when im the only one adding tweets, news ect. smile

To me, the original tweet from GNR, sounded more like celebrating a branch of the US military, than paying respect and thanking the men and women sacrifising their lives through the years.

If whishing "happy birthday to the US Marine Corps" is a common phrase to pay your respect to the veterans, my apologies!
Had it said "Thanks a lot to all the veterans!", I don't think I would have commented on it. I know THAT means a lot to many Americans.

When I say "in this day and age", I mean that past WWII, I personally believe there's not much contribution from ANY branch of ANY military that deserve ANY kind of respect.
I know it sounds coldhearted considering the men and women risking their lives. But imo, before voluntearly taking part in an armed conflict, you should do a little research and determine if it's worth risking your life for. It's not about saving lives any longer...

There is a difference between saving Europe in 1945 and securing oil, gas and other profitable minerals in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I just can't ignore the politics of it all.

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Kinda wierd to celebrate the US military in this day and age!

Doesn't sit right with me...
hmm

...and paying respect to those who even today put their livlihoods on the line for people like us and that includes you...

Really!?? When you say it like that, you make it sound like it's them or me. I disagree very very much!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Regardless of if you agree with the politics of war, I believe you should always support and respect the troops.  It's a simple concept really.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Veterans' Day prolly seemed like a good idea almost 100 years ago.

But if our traditions, no matter how simple, don't change with our increased knowledge of how things work, evolution has got a hard time comin'!

jamester

jamester wrote:

I can see some of the points made. I will chose to stay out of a political debate. Thanks for sharing Naltav.

I  did say my thank you to veterans past  present, and future.

jamester

jamester wrote:

tommy_stinson

thanks to all for the positive feedback for "one man mutiny" it really was a blast to create and share with you all. stay tuned for more.... 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

* Retweet

Board footer