You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Neemo wrote:

watched scott pilgrim vs the world last night

funny stuff 16

if you are into comics, music and fighting video games then you will get a kick out of it...hell you may like it even if you dont like those things

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Unstoppable - Standard Denzel Washington action film really but enjoyable enough.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I just watched Oldboy for the first time last night, what a film. I think its gone into my top 10, fricken cracking movie.

I also watched Rise of the Footsoldier, very good film but I made the mistake of googling the real autopsy pics after I watched it and I wish I hadn't.   sad

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

You need to see Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance if you haven't already.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Was just on IMDB to check it out, I never knew it was part of a trilogy.
Gonna order the lot cheers.

edit: watched them all, fricken awesome.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Just watched Devil and I gotta say I loved it.
Its only 80mins and the majority of the movie is shot in an elevator where a group of people are stuck and one is the devil.

I would say its the best movie Night Syamalan has been involved with in a long time, pity it was'nt longer so the characters could've been fleshed out more but still a very enjoyable movie.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I saw the new Tron tonight, thought it sucked big time. Also it's just another movie where the 3D is an absolute freaking waste of time. Such a terrible gimmick to charge movie goers a few extra dollars. The movie industry should ditch that garbage untill the technology is perfected. It would've looked better in 2D and in fact many of the 3D parts of the movie simply looked better with the glasses off. The only good thing about this movie was Olivia Wilde who played Quorra.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Unstoppable

LOL!

Devil

Uneven, but some strong parts. I liked it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Batman '66 & Batman '89

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

True Grit 2010

Solid western. Probably the best western since Unforgiven, but I wouldn't say it's any better or much better than There Will Be Blood or the modern western No Country For Old Men.

Jeff Bridges steals the show with a marvelous performances as Rooster Cogburn, and newcomer Hattie Stenfield (?) drives the movie wonderfully. She's more the star than anyone.

Just a really timeless, classy movie, that something tells me will get better with age. I can certaintly see why it's lighting up the box office with western numbers than haven't been seen since Dances With Wolves & Unforgiven in the early 90's.

I think the weirdest thing about the movie is that for a Coen Bros. movie - it's pretty standard western stuff. But it's done with such style and class that you can't help but love it.

3-1/2 stars out of 4 - Very Good.

Board footer