You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Not to derail the thread...but here's a map of the flooding in Australia...compared to germany and france...it's about the same size...

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/image … tralia.jpg

That's some crazy shit.

Yeah the sheer scale of the whole thing is what spins me out the most.  You sort of forget just how big some of the States here are Australia.  But it puts it into perspective when you overlay countries accross it like that.  75% of Queensland being declared a disaster zone - that's a MASSIVE area!

Yeah, definitely my thoughts and prayers go out to you, monkey, metallex, our other Australian members, and the people of Australia. I recently received a custom Akubra hat in the mail and got to thinking about the whole thing.

Not only is the whole thing sad of the people, families who have died as a result (I just heard a heartbreaking story about a 13-year old boy who died saving his 10-year old brother), but also the dead animals, who have been just as shocked by this terrible tragedy.

Just a shame. I hope it all can resolve itself ASAP.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

bumblefoot  Bumblefoot
Made it to LA....... yaaaaay.
1 hour ago

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, definitely my thoughts and prayers go out to you, monkey, metallex, our other Australian members, and the people of Australia.

Thanks dude...thankfully I live in Melbourne, which is a VERY long way away from the effected areas, so personally it's life as normal for me over here, other than a bit of concern for friends/extended relatives from up north of course. But I know all the people up that way will appriciate all the good will from you and everyone else world wide...so thanks.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I'm in WA which is on the West Coast so nowhere near it.  Ironically we have had bushfires here instead.

jamester

jamester wrote:

DjASHBA  Dj ASHBA™
Heading down to Namm!!! Hope to see you all there!!
8 hours ago

DjASHBA Dj ASHBA™
I will be signing at 4pm tomorrow at the ovation guitar (kaman booth) ps. Traffic blows! Thank god nickys driving!! Thx hon! Xo
7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

gunsnroses Guns N' Roses
Folks hittin The NAMM Show - keep an eye out for Bumblefoot Dj ASHBA™ and other band members making appearances
7 hours ago

DjASHBA Dj ASHBA™
Here at Namm!! http://yfrog.com/gygqcgfj
5 hours ago
scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=gqcgf.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

jamester

jamester wrote:

bumblefoot  Bumblefoot
NAMM stuff: I'll be hangin' today at the Vigier guitar booth #4762 and doing a signing at Engl amps booth #5824 - see ya!! big_smile
27 minutes ago

jamester

jamester wrote:

bumblefoot  Bumblefoot
Thinking about auctioning myself off (musically) and donating all proceeds to flood relief in Australia, Brazil & Sri Lanka.
4 hours ago

Bumblefoot

On Saturday 15th January 2011, @bumblefoot said:

Re: auctioning myself for flood relief.

Thinkin' guitar lessons, guest solos on recordings, music for any TV shows or video games, etc....

I have music that might be worth something to someone, and if they're willing to make that barter, we can do something to help. The person donating gets music in exchange for their donation - I get to help with the only real resource I have, making music.

When I get back from LA and take care of the song release on Tuesday, I'll get on this.

And God bless those that are doing what they can, the donations of time, materials, funding - even if it's just positive wishes - you're all helping. smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That SO cool.

If i had enough cash i'd totally get bumble to guest a solo on my recordings, and it would help out people at the same time. But I suspect the bids that will win will be well out of my income bracket. Great Idea though!

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

where is that guy with a ton of money wanting an unreleased track from the vault when you need him..

jamester

jamester wrote:

bumblefoot  Bumblefoot
You know it's been a busy day when you suddenly realize you haven't peed in 14 hours.
4 hours ago

Board footer