You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: AXL ROSE Makes GQ's Worst-Dressed List - Jan. 20, 2011

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fa … am_pr.html
Actor Javier Bardem is best dressed man, sez British GQ men's magazine; Mel Gibson is worst dressed
alg_singer_axl-rose.jpg
British GQ editors had no 'patience' for the wacky fashion antics of rocker Axl Rose. (McCarthy/Getty)

According to NYDailyNews.com, GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose has made the 2011 worst-dressed list for men's magazine GQ. "It's high time Rose left his clothes out in the November rain," said GQ in a pun on one of the group's songs.

alg_javier_bardem.jpg

Djansezian/AP
British GQ has dubbed the Spanish actor Javier Bardem the best dressed.

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 3:22 PM
International glamour outstripped Hollywood and hometown favorites at the top of the 2011 best-dressed list for men's magazine GQ.

Film star Javier Bardem was chosen by GQ's British edition as its top best-dressed man internationally, followed by Indian-born Sikh jewelry designer and actor Waris Ahluwalia and Alexander Skarsgard, Swedish star of the hit U.S. television vampire show "True Blood."

"The Spanish actor is the epitome of underplayed style -- no wonder he caught Penélope Cruz's attention," British GQ said of the 41-year-old "Biutiful" star in its February edition due out on Thursday.

The top 10 list also included Bollywood star Shah Rukh Kahn at number four, "High School Musical" heart-throb Zac Efron at six, new England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady at eight and George Clooney at number nine.
alg_javier_bardem2.jpg
The sartorial sports fan: Actress Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem watch the Los Angeles Lakers. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

"From the silver screen to Nespresso machine, the actor is an immaculate throwback to the golden age of Hollywood heroes," GQ said in an advanced copy emailed to Reuters.

At the other end of the scale, actor Mel Gibson was the number one worst-dressed man internationally, followed by British fashion designer Henry Holland. GQ also panned Hollywood actor Will Smith's son Jaden for his sartorial sins as well as American Apparel founder Dov Charney and Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose.

"It's high time Rose left his clothes out in the November rain," said GQ in a pun on one of the group's songs.

The magazine's list of the 50 most stylish men in Britain was topped by English actor Aaron Johnson -- who played the nerdy superhero-cum-vigilante without any superpowers in director Sam Taylor-Wood's "Kick-Ass."

"Sam Taylor-Wood's actor baby daddy certainly kicks ass fashion-wise," the magazine wrote in February's edition.

Johnson was followed by "A Single Man" star Nicholas Hoult at number two and English actor Douglas Booth, best known for his turn as Culture Club frontman Boy George in TV flick "Worried About the Boy."

Royally speaking, GQ noted that Prince Harry is now the most eligible of the men in line to the British throne, now that Prince William has announced his plans to marry long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton. Harry took fifth place as a new entry in the overall standings of the 50 most stylish British men, while his brother William anchored 17th place.

"I've always had a soft spot for Sloane scruffs who can't keep the back of their shirts tucked in," GQ quoted Tatler magazine Editor Catherine Ostler as saying about Harry. "He's well dressed in the sense that he looks good because he really doesn't care."

Soccer player David Beckham may not have graced the England team with his skills at last summer's World Cup, but he hung onto a place in the sartorial stakes at 16, while Conservative Prime Minister David Cameron has fared better than his predecessor Gordon Brown.

Cameron ranked 20th in the overall 2011 best-dressed Britons list. Brown did not make an appearance this year but was voted worst-dressed last year.

Music impresario Simon Cowell may top the record charts with his proteges, but could only manage a modest 43 in the best-dressed list.

"He pretty much has a uniform: it's comfortable and easy," GQ quoted celebrity blogger Perez Hilton as saying. "It must be nice to go into your closet and have 30 black T-shirts and 20 grey ones, and know you'll look good."

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Matt is the best dressed of the old crew I think. I'd be feeling pretty fucking smug if I looked that well at 50. Duff is pretty well put together also.

Slash dresses like a 16 year old Metallica fan from 1985 and Axl is like an Irish pimp with the red hair and fedoras.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

He does look pretty bizarre in that pic...but I've seen him look much better than that. In any case, being the best/worst dressed according to GQ is does nothing for anyone.

In any case, this is more likely just an easy pot shot to take at a guy who most people view with disdain.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

this list is why the US tour got cancelled.

axl got so upset he refuses to perform or be seen publicly in the US. everything has been put on hold, which wasn't already 'officially' on hold.
axl likes to think of himself as somewhat of a fashion-conscious glitterati who has been accepted by the fashion community and feels this is a slap in the face by an industry and media he'd felt relatively secure with. when he read about the list he freaked out with one of his typical tatrums and has since locked himself off from all band mates and associates.

let's hope he writes a song about it.
and then never releases it.

juadlu
 Rep: 2 

juadlu wrote:

Javier Bardem= smart-predictable
Axl rose= ecclectic & original
well-in my opinion.

One chooses their own clothes- the other is preened by a stylist-who orders in the most expensive designer suit they can get their hands on for free-guess which is which.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

^^^Welcome to GnR Evo Juadlu!  Thanks for welcoming me to your website a month or 2 ago! I was trying to reply your pm/email but I didnt take the time to figure out your system over there. big_smile

juadlu
 Rep: 2 

juadlu wrote:

Thanks for the welcome!

We have a system?!*??  wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Mel Gibson should've gotten the award for "biggest fucking balls on the planet".

Love that guy. I don't agree with a word he says, but he's got guts and money to back it up, even with divorces. A good 'ole boy right after 'ole J.R.'s heart.

Board footer