You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

DCK wrote:

I was thinking the same thing

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
-D- wrote:

Its untelling where I'd rank CD if i had heard it beginning to end brand new as opposed to wearing it out track by track over a decade.

I'm soooo on that same page!! 22

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:

I just came online for the first time in a  few weeks and I saw this thread. Read the first few pages then realized I don't give a shit about any of this so why am I reading it all 16 So I stopped. That's just weird. There was a time when I'd be so curious and interested and now I don't give a  flying fuck. And to be honest I'm happy about that. Are they puting out a new album?  Is there gonna be a reunion? Really those are the only two things I care about.  The step by step(ooooh baby) days of our lives approach to it all is just so uninteresting now.

C'mon! That's what you been saying for ages!

Oh, I think you're very on top of what goes on in the GNR-world. You and everybody here knows that, so stop the act!

If a casual rock fan asked you what's gone on with GNR in the last two years, you could prolly give him an hour long monologue about it!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Oh, he could, but he will end it with: "Not that I care, in fact, I don't care at all..."

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I never said I wasn't on top of things. I've only been online one other time in 2011 but like I said, I came online tonight and saw this thread and  THOUGHT I was interested so I started reading, realized I don't give a flying fuck about the drama so I stopped. Unbelievable that you guys lack the common sense to be able to comprehend that. Unbelievable that you losers conveniently leave out the entire part where I said there was a time when I was very interested in this stuff, so of course I know what's been going on but in this case sorry to burst your bubbles but I stopped reading on the second page of this thread because I realized I don't care. So NO I don't know about this and I don't care about this.  Fucking idiots.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Havent been here in awhile myself.  Started watching the video and heard the words anonymous, documents, and memory card. 

I'm with Bono...this is like the retarded X files.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think it's actually a good sign that some people "don't care" about this.  The less attention that MSL and the supposed "insiders" get, the better.  Unfortunately though, the interest of a majority of fans on these forums is at an extremely high level because of all this soap opera drama. 

And I'm ashamed to say, I fall into that group.  I just wish it didn't have to be this way.  I wish this band could function on a more normal level.  But with all this nonsense, it makes it nearly impossible.  Some would argue that the leaks and things like this speed up the process and get us things we otherwise wouldn't have gotten.  I couldn't disagree more.  I mean, sure maybe we got the album earlier because of the leaks.  But what did we get to go along with the album?  A year of silence.  As crazy as it sounds, I don't think the album was ready back in 2008.  It was rushed and forced out.  Again, I know that sounds insane.  But I believe that's why Axl gave the silent treatment.  I think you'd agree that he seems to be the "my way or the highway" type.  Once the album was put out in a manner he didn't agree with, he washed his hands with it.  And all that was forced by the leaks, in a major way. 

So now the same thing could happen for 2011.  IF they did have these grand plans.  Obviously for one, I think it's safe to say that those supposed plans have been pushed back, if not scrapped altogether.  But if MSL does start revealing all their plans for them, do you think they're going to follow the script?  No, they're gonna go back to the drawing board with a big, "F you.  We were going to do all these great things, but you had to go and blow it."

These things need to stop.  All this insider bullshit and trading and hoarding.  It's ridiculous and unnecessary.  Let things happen on their own natural course, even if we're all senior citizens before we get anything substantial.  I'm done with the "woe is me.  We've been treated like shit, we haven't gotten what we deserve over the years, so we're gonna go and steal it," line of thinking.  I thought it was fun the first time around, but looking back on it, I just wonder how things would've turned out if the "fans" never stepped in.  My guess, is things would've gone a lot smoother and we'd be a lot happier right now as fans.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

the band sort of have functioned on a normal level over the past few months though. Touring, tweeting etc

Id say Axl would put out cdII tomorrow if it were up to him. Id say he has so much red tape to go through,especially after the CD debacle and his record label rant, that putting out a new album will be difficult

so my opinion stands if MSL has shit, it was planted by GNR to leak a little thus forcing the record label to release it.

we all pretty much agree that we think the leaks are the only reason we ever got Chinese Democracy. I still think those leaks were done intentionally as well.

Axl keeps the cred without coming off like a Slash type self promoter.

That Eddie Trunk interview for example.... he just happened to text baz right when he was giving an interview? please. axl is cunning and intelligent but he knows how to play the game better than anybody.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

I really,honestly feel like it ruined CD for me. Its untelling where I'd rank CD if i had heard it beginning to end brand new as opposed to wearing it out track by track over a decade.

Good post, D. I was just listening to CD last night and thought that my initial reaction was pretty harsh because is was based ONLY because of hearing the leaks. If I wouldn't have heard them I would have had a much more positive reaction to the album.

At the same time, I'm glad I did. Because I still think CD, TWAT, R&B, Better and The Blues were much better without Ron. But Ron and Axl's tinkering made me LOVE ITW when I thought it was the albums weakest song based on the demos.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Hey, Bono nice to see you still don't care enough about "Gn'R" to stop posting about them.

Board footer