You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Sky Dog wrote:

Olorin....I agree. It can be about a number of things but a lot of those lines "fit" the situation at the time.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

^^^ The thing that is the hang up is AXL believes in re-re release. its part of what put AFD where it is.  Imagine them moving on to lies then UYI lies would have ben unheard of and UYI wouldnt have had the egos and budget.....and this site likely would not have been put up !

Axl even gave BACH advise to re release the first skid row. as far as Best Buy its part of the flop. i pre ordered..and called to see if i had to stand in line. i was one of 3 people there at launch and they had to go to the back to get CD. No display. NO radio ad. none on shelfs, no posters..ect..ect...Walmart or Target would have been the better choice. IMO best buy only if hot promo is in place.

That whole AFD was intially a flop theory is completely incorrect, I'm sick of reading it on these forums. It took off slowly because it was a new album from a new band, thats all.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

Olorin....I agree. It can be about a number of things but a lot of those lines "fit" the situation at the time.

For sure 22

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

AFD was a flop pre MTV.  Honestly GnR was a flop PRE bad boy spin! GNR was promoted to the hilt. Advertised as the only real rock and roll band. So much so that the band eventually believed it.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

No it wasnt.

Anyway whatever... I'm not interested in these old arguments. This is why the forums are dying a death, absolutely everything has been discussed to death.

jamester

jamester wrote:

The point was history says Axl/GnR is the poster child for re release.

I agree it has been done to death. And it bothers me as much as you. So many people say GnR was gods gift as tho they were licking the bands ball sweat in the front row of the La clubs big_smile.  Honestly like any band with some talent + MTV rotation they could have been the next Led Zep, or ended up like Warrant.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

I dont think a direct shot @ axl with 3 band members would have been promoted by del...or allowed to see the light of day.   jmho

fuck, how many songs, on UYI especially, were about relationships within the band? a LOT of UYI is given over to the opinion one guy has on the other(s).
a lot of CD is self-referencing of course, but even AFD & CD do have nods to personal relationships within the organisation/band.

my point is, it's not uncommon for GnR to write about themselves & be comfortable with it.
tommy's been in the band longer than just about anyone bar diz & axl, if he didn't voice his opinion & question decisions & direction i'd be surprised. i'm sure there's a lot of depth to his relationship to GnR & Axl & that this MSL thing, or even the Dublin thing, are exceptions rather than the general rule of the relationship. just kinda like blow-ups that come with spending too much time with your friends or family & they just piss you off too much you crack up but then a while later you're buddies again..

my real point is, of course one man mutiny is about axl. it's one of the most perfect descriptions of the guy ever.

jamester

jamester wrote:

The only Admitted songs about anyone were on Snakepit iirc.

Music, art, hell even the bible can represent many things to people. What you hear will be something totally different to what I hear and how I relate to it.

The problem we have with MSL atm is he has no (known) source any one of us forum fans could have written this Bit-o-Shit

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

But hey, go for it! Have a good one! I'm sure you will!

Got my trunks on and I'm waiting at the pool side to take a long swim in whatever slurry MSL has to offer.

It sure beats looking forward to a re-release of Better with a different fucking solo on it. Jesus.

Board footer