You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Obviously I'd prefer brand new music over it, but at the same time a version of better with DJ could be interesting as he's really added some spice to the live outro of that song...longer term I sort of wish that flare was on the studio cut too.

I mean i'd prefer to get CD2 and move on, but if they did a re-release a bonus disc with a new track, and a DJ version would be kinda cool.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Im not a giant "Better" fan. loved it for a couple months when we got first leak, can't listen to the album version now.

intro is finger nails on chalkboard bad and the amazing kick ass guitar breakdown before the "I never wanted u to be so full of anger" section has been neutered and synthesized.

Sky Dog wrote:

a re-release is INSANE at this point...the entire universe has moved on. It's time to put out a new album or end the "new" Gnr.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I agree, I've completely worn out that cd, surely the next release has got to be new songs. If the songs in the vault are not good enough to release then get the band into the feckin studio.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:

That supposed new song "blood in the water", Duff used that phrase after he played with GNR:

"On whether this increases the chances of a reunion of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup:

"I have nothing to say about it. It's not... I don't know. It's not anything that I worked or planned for. I work and plan for my kids next year in school, or my business, or indeed LOADED. But that kind of thing, it's not something I sit there and go, 'OK, one day this is gonna happen.' Last thing happened, and it was very serendipitous, and the blood was in the water, no doubt."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=148085

There is nothing in MSLs article that isnt just rehashed and regurgitated old stories/theories that have been around forever.

I really don't know if msl made this stuff himself or someone is screwing with him. It's hard for me to think he isn't part of it.

I think it's possible that he's got real nuggets of knowledge but is really embellishing it to the maximum, like mysteron said.

And if this is all true, it's really shitty if Classic Rock is going to fork out 6 figures for stolen material. 4

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm sure there is a mix of Better in the vault that's truly awesome, but Bucket's and especially Robin's solos are my favorite parts of the current (disappointing compared to the 06 leak) album version. I agree that a lean, mean version of Better is as close to a hit as anything GnR has had since UYI, so I don't think it's a bad business strategy.

That being said, if Axl was interested in paying back the fanbase for its loyalty, then truly new music is the way to go about doing it. A better ChiDem mix with real production might be a good strategy for getting a bit of mainstream popularity, since so many people blinked and missed its release.

My inclination is still to think everything in MSL's article is true, but as I said before, it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. Either it's true or it's not, and our suspicions on the subject are irrelevant to the band's future activities.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Well at the risk of continuing to fan the flames of this MSL thread and speculation, here are a couple more posts from him on his website, responding to claims he is a liar and people requesting proof of what he has:

Most of the fanbase seems convinced that I am a liar. Even though after I conned people out of songs and leaked them, I posted a very thorough and completely honest confession of everything I'd done.

Even though when I said Shackler's Revenge would leak from China at a specific time, it did.

Even though I broke the story about the Best Buy deal and release date.

Even though I broke the story about the next album being self-titled and Axl asking for a rushed release in time for the festivals last year.

So maybe, just maybe, when I write that "according to documents" I've seen, such and such happened.

Um, it did.

And just because I haven't posted the documents doesn't mean I'm lying.

Meanwhile, I'm in touch daily with major media organizations that want access to the documents and also in touch with GNR's lawyer daily.

So while the fans may think I'm lying, I've purposely released certain information to convince the people that matter that I'm not.

I will say this, a few days ago I would have done anything to make sure everyone got their hands on this stuff, but now I'm not so sure. There are some major companies that wouldn't want this stuff out there and maybe I'm better off cooperating.

Guess we'll see.

Turk would like to say hi to Arby's dude though.

Maybe I don't care about proving them wrong? Maybe it hurts my feelings that so many people would call me a liar when I've always been so truthful with the fans? And not just GNR fans, but MSL fans from my work in music and wrestling.

Maybe when this all started I would have done anything to make sure eventually everyone got to see everything and maybe now I don't give a shit?

Maybe now I should care about the people that have shown they care about me? Maybe it should be more important to me that Turk not have to worry about me going to jail or making sure I'm able to keep new shoes on her feet as well as mine?

Maybe that should be more important now than attempting to please a bunch of animals who simply can't be pleased?

I dunno, it's a lot to think about. I've got a publisher willing to hop on a plane this weekend with $60,000. I've got other offers that would probably involve the information never seeing the light of day.

The overwhelmingly negative response to my article was very eye opening. Every single thing in that article can be completely backed up by legitimate emails between band members or management. I have emails from 2008, 2009 and 2010 where band members discuss the pros and cons of a Duff return.

That's what's so funny about society. We're spoonfed so much bullshit that when we're presented with the truth, we don't believe it.

And that's koo.

But I will make sure Turk and I have new shoes on our feet for a long time and that is my only agenda now.

Read more: http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … z1Cx39jo3g

He sounds a bit uppity about the negative response.  But surely he can't be surprised.  He dangled a big carrot about all the stuff he was allegedly given, he then gave a date for when he would pull the trigger on some of the info (not leaks as some mistakenly thought - but info).  But what he actually "released" and came through with was really just a wet fart.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

And he bails out covering his ass ...... could not see that coming
mistervstheworld.jpg

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
MSL wrote:

I've never made my money how most people make their money. I've already listed the jobs I've had. I was a young self made genius millionaire and after blowing through a lot of money while not working for a few years, I've decided in 2011 to get back to work. I'll be in NY working all of next week. GNR is a very small part of my life and always has been.

I'm sorry if you feel being a writer and performer is not an honest living.

Obviously the information I have is very newsworthy and should be presented in a proper forum. Every single person calling me a liar would have had a completely different attitude if my first article had been in rolling stone instead of on mistersaintlaurent.com.

But if there are organizations that don't want this information released, I'd have to be stupid to not listen to what they have to say. I promised all along I would try to catch everyone up to speed on Feb 2, whether I was being paid for my work or not. I kept my word. Everyone chose to shit on me because I haven't yet leaked the documents that were the source of my story.

And that's fine. If everyone thinks I'm a liar, maybe they should just ignore me. Luckily for me, there are lots of major companies that are completely convinced I'm not a liar. And you know why? Cuz I'm not.

Board footer