You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

DCK wrote:

Blah, what a fucking suck up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

misterID -

I've worked as a newspaper reporter for many years and it is not uncommon to anonymously receive information that may have been obtained under less than ethical conditions. However, the truth is the truth regardless of how the truth ended up finding the light of day. I do not and never have felt that it is wrong to report private information that is legitimately newsworthy. If you disagree, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Most of my previous work writing for newspapers, magazines and websites has been covering various combat sports events. I do not have a platform of my own to effectively publicize the very compelling and historically significant pieces of rock n' roll history I have access to. The logical thing to do would be to find another media outlet that would like to work with me.

If this information I have could potentially generate large profits for the organization I choose to work with, I do feel I should be compensated for providing access to the information, assuming after proper research it is determined that it would be legal for me to do so.

If you believe it is wrong for people to profit from private information, you are entitled to your opinion and I certainly believe that opinion is valid. However, I would hope in fairness you would have the same problem with any publication or broadcast that generates a profit from private information, which would cover a large percentage of all worldwide media.

You are right. I am a smart guy. I also have plenty of faults like everyone else. I have serious mental illnesses I battle every day. I am a self-important asshole. I accept that.

I am not a victim in any of this, but I should not be blamed for not wanting to share anymore info with people who are very unappreciative. I should not be blamed if I choose to put my own interest before others, something I have not done in the past. I could have made close to six figures selling unreleased tracks very easily. Instead, I shared everything with everyone. I feel it would be wrong to sell songs. It would also be illegal.

I do not think it would be wrong for me to partner with a media outlet and be fairly compensated. It's also not illegal. If you feel it's wrong, I respect your opinion.

Even though I think the information you released sounds completely ridiculous, like BB wanting to get involved in CD again, Duff, Bloomingdales, all of the stuff that someone who follows this band knows doesn't sound right, I am still willing to think that it could be true.

But I also know whenever news angencies are offered juicy details on some high profiled person (like Sara Palin) and that info was obtained by illegal means, like hacking someones email or blackberry, they won't reveal those details. Other, more unreputable sites will... But most won't, because they understand it's a major invasion of privacy. This isn't wiki leaks here, bud 16

And I think wanting money for it sucks. But that's just me. And like DCK pointed out, just because some media outlets (you really can't call most of them media) will do it, doesn't make it right.

I think the major backlash against you was that you wouldn't release any new music that you said you had (which you've always done in the past) and the fact you wouldn't even release clips of the music you say you have. And when you say you won't reveal any new music because you don't want to spoil the new album for anyone, it comes across as very patronizing and is something any GNR fan can hear from any fake insider. Again, you're asking us to take your word you have new stuff going only on your reputation. But your repuation is releasing stuff, not teasing it. This thing is very different than before. Especially since you have never brought compensation into your dealings before.

On top of that, GNR fans are always waiting for the wheels to fall off, and the thought of releasing inner details that, as you even said, could be damaging, scares them. This is a very insane fanbase. And there are some very weird, stalkerish, moronic Axl fans who know he reads the forums, and they desperately want him to notice them. Especially at mygnr and htgth. The response against you is not surprising.

Yeah, and the stuff said about you and turk is wrong. It's one of the reasons I stay on this forum.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

the wording still leaves some opening. As of yet... still means it could possibly happen. Like in Football, Pacman Jones hasn't been released as of yet........ but those words make it sound like its being discussed but hasn't happened as of yet.

maybe i am reading more into it. I honestly don't want Tommy gone or Duff back.

Only way I want Duff back is a full on reunion. I want either a new band or reunion but not a mix/match

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I think the major backlash against you was that you wouldn't release any new music that you said you had (which you've always done in the past) and the fact you wouldn't even release clips of the music you say you have. And when you say you won't reveal any new music because you don't want to spoil the new album for anyone, it comes across as very patronizing and is something any GNR fan can hear from any fake insider. Again, you're asking us to take your word you have new stuff going only on your reputation. But your repuation is releasing stuff, not teasing it. This thing is very different than before. Especially since you have never brought compensation into your dealings before.

And...game.

Fully summed up in one paragraph.

Only way I want Duff back is a full on reunion. I want either a new band or reunion but not a mix/match

Well I want Marilyn Monroe back from the dead but I don't see it happening.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
-D- wrote:

the wording still leaves some opening. As of yet... still means it could possibly happen. Like in Football, Pacman Jones hasn't been released as of yet........ but those words make it sound like its being discussed but hasn't happened as of yet.

maybe i am reading more into it. I honestly don't want Tommy gone or Duff back.

It is sarcasm.

I do believe MSL has something, but nothing useful at this time for true fans.

What MSL potentially has are plans that have never seen the light of day and chatter that is potentially damaging to the existence of the band because it is opinion expressed in the heat of the moment.

If MSL has any decency, he will disappear into the mist right now and keep it for a rainy day in the future when it may become useful to a bio writer once GN'R have disbanded.

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:

MSL says "oooh, I really have these info, and it's all real, I really have tons of documents. But I'll never demonstrate that because I'm a good principled guy"

well, it's very very easy, to act like that.

everyone could wake up a morning, write some "revelations" and then hide himself behind the "principled" thing.

anyway, it's feb 4, almost feb 5.... only a couple of days to find the truth about those "revelations"

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'd sure love the Best Buy re-issue thing to be true. Am I on an island with that?

Probably.  As previously noted by others, they have boxes of Chinese Democracy still in the warehouse and in store that they can't sell.  Their financials took a beating last quarter and I can't imagine them spending any more cash on CD when they have problems elsewhere.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

Re-releasing CD would be like a headline written by The Onion come to life. You've seen the Monty Python dead parrot sketch, right? Because no Ashba solo or Dr. Luke remix is going to bring that baby back.

Board footer