You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Olorin wrote:

The only way I could see it coming back is if they have a succesful 2nd album then re-release CD. Pie in the sky though.
If it is rereleased for me it would be all the stronger if Catcher, Madagascar and The Blues were closer to the original versions.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Has the Best Buy exclusivity deal ended in the usa?

Maybe a re-release would happen with them because it's unable to happen with anyone else?

Maybe that's the hold up, structuring a deal that takes BB's leftovers, re-boxes them with a bonus disc on terms everyone likes.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Has the Best Buy exclusivity deal ended in the usa?

Maybe a re-release would happen with them because it's unable to happen with anyone else?

Maybe that's the hold up, structuring a deal that takes BB's leftovers, re-boxes them with a bonus disc on terms everyone likes.

Yeah, the exclusivity period is over.  Though, as Russ has pointed out before, since CD is now considered a catalog album it has to be ordered by other stores as opposed to newer releases, which are pretty much sent to all the stores.  And since CD certainly isn't flying off the shelves, other stores aren't exactly in any rush to put an order in. 

A re-launch of CD wouldn't make sense in the grand scheme of things, as I don't think it'd suddenly become a hit and get a second wind.  BUT, it would seem to have a place for the hardcore GNR fan, which let's face it, is all that really cares about this saga anymore.  And if it tied into a US tour, it could have a slight impact.  It depends on the cost.  I can't see Best Buy putting any more money into CD, so unless this doesn't cost them a dime, it probably wouldn't be a good idea for them.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I dunno if Best Buy would be into another release. I was just at a best buy and I am not lying there were at least 50 copies of Chinese Democracy.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah but it isn't like Best Buy would fork over 13 million or whatever it was. Im sure this time, it would be a much more Best Buy friendly deal

also, how do we know BB deal has ended? maybe BB have just sold their copies to other outlets?

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

I can't see any reason why Best Buy would get involved with a re-release of ChiDem.  They are still bent over and holding their ankles from the first release.  There is no way they would put any dollars into assisting a re-release.  It would be career suicide for anybody high up in BB to make the call to get onboard with a re-release that involved them sinking any quantity of dollars into it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

If they ever released the follow up to Chinese Democracy, I would like them to actually release all the cuts/versions of the songs from CDI on a bonus disc.  This would probably also work if they ever released a box set of the CD era.  Also, if Axl wanted to release a bluray of any show from the past tour it would be a nice enticement for the hardcores.  There are ways to work this in without having Chinese Democracy re-released.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

***WOW MSL stirred nuff shit to get axl on twitter! welcome back AXL! ***
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/8k2fug

Axl Rose

On Saturday 5th February 2011, @axlrose said:

Contrary to anyone's claims there are no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour, a relaunch or sponsors (n' certainly not to replace anyone in the band) beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals w/out any real foundation or negotiations in place other than our prior involvements (which wouldn't take a rocket scientist to put together). And 4 the record Doc McGhee is no longer involved w/either myself or GN'R.

Axl Rose   axlrose

N' b4 it's twisted "prior involvements" has nothing to do with old GN"R. 7 minutes ago via web

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

So Axl is calling MSL's bluff as well now. MSL is full of shit until proven otherwise.

Board footer