You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

monkeychow wrote:
ppp wrote:

I think this is a list of people that Axl believes don't want to work with him again. That's really the only thing all these people.

Interesting theory...what if it's the reverse.

A list of people who previously contributed to GNR's success who were NOT on the record as 100% anti-axl. Would explain Izzy, Duff and Steve. And many of the business types who in some regard have critized GNR but who might have made comments about working with them in some context.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It was probably a christmas card list 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not sure where to put this, but this is related to "leaks".  Just to see how it can indeed slow down the process, not only in GNR land.

http://www.undercover.fm/news/13698-mar … s-new-work

Marina Diamandis of UK act Marina And the Diamonds has gone to the cops over new songs being leaked online.

The feisty singer discovered that new tracks of her have leaked and reeled off a new blog about privacy, piracy and the fact that “The more leaks that happen, the slower I go.”

She stated that she won’t finish her new album this year, and blamed the leaks for waning creativity. She wrote: “The thought of people invading my privacy and listening to half-assed unfinished songs that I write at 3am on a tour bus does not make me feel too relaxed or creative.”

She called leakers “grim & unworthy characters” and claimed, “We are feeding their egos and all the while, they are laughing at both you and I, whilst their sites get attention and they claim "kudos" in hacker forums, as creativity grinds to an anxiety-ridden halt.”

She called on her fans to “protect” her and wrote, ''I have the police involved. So if you know information about the people who are doing this, you can message me. I have waxed lyrical to Warner about how incredible you are and I have faith in you on this."

Diamandis concluded that she need her privacy to work. She wrote, “My album is in the very early stages and will continue to be for a while.”

"These are the names of the business/Industry people that have been or are on this team who have helped Slash"

i posted that shortly after i posted the list because people were saying i took the list out of context. completely ridiculous to suggest i would lie about what the list was for.

of all the things i would ever spend my time on, making up GNR news is not one of those things.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm going to say something that's probably dumb.

But it might not mean they're blacklisted for helping slash.

Maybe he thinks slash has good people working for him, and was envious of how he always wins the PR war in all things GNR.

Maybe not too. I'm just saying if i release an album, I could do worse than have slash's support base helping me. He's always all over the media.

Then again. Maybe it's because he hates slash.

Or maybe it's not personal but he's worried about reunion pressure. We've all speculated about how Azoff maybe took the job to leverage Axl into a reunion...maybe he thinks having Slash's mates on the team will cause similar problems.

Could be a million reasons he asked for that list.

I dont think people are calling you a liar MSL, more just trying to work out the purpose of such a document.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash's success in PR is largely because of his efforts of doing the talk shows and pretty much anything he's asked to do.  Not saying he doesn't have help, but if you've been as successful as Slash was, you do the promo tours, and you're media friendly, the PR work is more or less done for you.   

Axl's problem is and always has been that he nails the first part and fails miserably at the other two.  He got away with it in the past because Slash and others did it for him. Axl has guys that can do it in new gnr, but frankly nobody but us wants to hear from them.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Slash's success in PR is largely because of his efforts of doing the talk shows and pretty much anything he's asked to do.  Not saying he doesn't have help, but if you've been as successful as Slash was, you do the promo tours, and you're media friendly, the PR work is more or less done for you.   

Axl's problem is and always has been that he nails the first part and fails miserably at the other two.  He got away with it in the past because Slash and others did it for him. Axl has guys that can do it in new gnr, but frankly nobody but us wants to hear from them.

Perfectly said.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

We care because we have nothing else to care about.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

"These are the names of the business/Industry people that have been or are on this team who have helped Slash"

i posted that shortly after i posted the list because people were saying i took the list out of context. completely ridiculous to suggest i would lie about what the list was for.

of all the things i would ever spend my time on, making up GNR news is not one of those things.

OMGFacts

It has been scientifically proven that the LESS you know, the more you THINK you know. --> http://bit.ly/g75kqW 5 minutes ago via plode.me

* Retweet

Board footer