You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

Sky Dog wrote:

Where are you from DCK?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

guns don't kill people - people kill people.

That's right. But to me it's about the ease.

Lets say you fuck my sister and I get mad about it.

I decide to kill you.

I go grab my knife. If I come at you with it...there's a decent chance you could over power me cos i'm a pussy, or maybe you can run faster than me and get away cos I'm a lazy fuck who sits on Evo all day.

But now I dedcide to come get you with a handgun. You're pretty fucked - unless wild west style you beat me to the draw with your own gun - and so then we all have to be walking around armed to the teath 24/7.

Or let's say i'm having a depressive day. My personal view is it takes more comitment to drive a knife into my own gut than it would to pull a simple trigger. I'm also more likely to survive my attack on myself if I stab myself than if I cap myself.

People have argued this with me, but i still ask the question - would you rather be chased by someone with a knife or a gun? I think it's obvious.

As for DJ...well I guess as an Australian i didn't really understand either...like why he thought the new gun was cool. I mean what is the purpose of him owning it? How can it be cool when it's only purpose is to take life? Unless he's also a sporting shooter or something. Although I can understand for guys like him there's more of a need for the 'protective' idea of a gun - cos you never know what kind of psychos follow famous people...but even so.

I don't think he's a bad guy for it. It's culture. And i must say when I see dudes firing guns at target ranges I can imagine in the right context - as target shooting like archery it could be kind of cool or fun...but i'm just saying as a non-usa citizen (but with a ton of respect for the usa) - we read that sort of post and go like "ahh american". It's like if i start posting about kangeroos or something. Sets off the stereotypes I guess.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

I dont see guns as cool..but i live in the country have shotguns, rifles, and handguns all around my place for snakes and assholes. Ive shot a few snakes with my 410 as well as my 45 Clint Eastwood special for fun. We also hunt for meet here. Have you ever been treed by a wounded wild hog? Thats where the hand gun comes in handy.

Its up to the person to know his emotions and control his/her actions. Just like its up to a person to decide crime or no. When guns are illeagle only the military and criminals will have guns.

I would rather go to a gun fight with a gun .....have you ever thought of it that way monkey?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Where I live now shooting/hunting is a major source of income for the local economy. I wake up and see folk outside my window shooting innocent birds all day long sad Makes me sick to be honest. Ending an animals life for no reason at all, its just such a waste.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Make guns illegal, and there will be more crime.  See the drug war.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I own a gun. I also live in one of the worst cities in America.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Uh, what?

axlrose Axl Rose
To aviod any

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
faldor wrote:

Uh, what?

axlrose Axl Rose
To aviod any

whats this?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Uh, what?

axlrose Axl Rose
To aviod any

whats this?

Axl posted it on his Twitter apparently (not there now). Looks like an incomplete Tweet.

aviod = avoid.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

ah, lets guess what the rest was gonna say... "To avoid any more rumors, there have been no discussions regarding a reunion for the superbowl"... leaves it vague enough and doesn't close the door on reuniting for the future, just saying no disussions yet.

Board footer