You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

DCK wrote:

faldor wrote:

As long as I'm on this forum, I have to read the stuff so I can follow what's going on.  Over on HTGTH, some people were actually in the dark when Axl sent out his tweet refuting the MSL stuff.  You have to do your research.  I thought it was kind of strange that they (HTGTH) found it acceptable to discuss Axl's response but not what he was responding to.  I could see why some would be confused.  I think I just confused myself.

It's almost beatiful.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I could imagine Axl walking away forever if this turns out to be genuine. The guy goes out his way to keep his privacy and live quietly probably resenting the exposure and attempts by others, even fans, to get a peice of him.
After having books written about him without his consent, the years of negative spin he gets in the media, the resentment towards him by some GNR fans, and after having his most personal album leaked after all that was invested in it... and now having his personal privacy invaded and soiled like that, it could well be be the last straw.

I guess I could see it that way.  I don't think it'd be over because this would paint Axl and GNR in a negative light.  That's already been done to death, so I don't see this as damaging in that way.  But as you pointed out, Axl could just say "F it". Enough is enough.  Right now he's not doing what he's doing to make the most money.  If he was, he'd call 21 and make up or just suck it up and smile for the camera.  So he's either doing if for the fans, the dwindling few that remain, or just because it's all he knows.  And now that some "fans" are turning against him in the worst way.  What would be the point of him going on?  I wouldn't blame him if he called it quits, but in a way it'd be like saying, "you win."  I'd hate for the leakers and hackers to get a sense of entitlement and that they accomplished their mission.  This whole situation sickens me.  As "bad" a person Axl is, the people digging into all this personal stuff are that much worse.  Vile human beings.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Interesting titles, but we don't know if they are true or even what's in them. Axl's email about "dissolving GNR and having DJ sued" could just be him saying "no" to somebody else's suggestion, just like "Better video treatment" could just be Axl saying "no thanks."

These titles mean absolutely nothing. What if Axl's "thoughts on VR" were that they are a fantastic band?

Still a con by MSL as far as I'm concerned. I've believed that from Day 1, and I still do.

I hope that's what it is. That's what I thought it was until the alleged director of the Better video told someone in an email that he did work on the project. Then again, maybe the guy who said he emailed the director was really just MSL hiding behind a different name to further his little ego-trip. I hope that's the case. Nemus being involved in it and ranting against MSL on it makes me somewhat worried that it's real.

Dark could be in on it. Classic "good cop, bad cop" strategy.

Then again, could be real. But we don't know because there's no evidence one way or the other.

Saying Doc was fired then Axl announces it doesn't cut it for me. Axl fires managers as often as most of us change underwear.

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I could imagine Axl walking away forever if this turns out to be genuine. The guy goes out his way to keep his privacy and live quietly probably resenting the exposure and attempts by others, even fans, to get a peice of him.
After having books written about him without his consent, the years of negative spin he gets in the media, the resentment towards him by some GNR fans, and after having his most personal album leaked after all that was invested in it... and now having his personal privacy invaded and soiled like that, it could well be be the last straw.

I guess I could see it that way.  I don't think it'd be over because this would paint Axl and GNR in a negative light.  That's already been done to death, so I don't see this as damaging in that way.  But as you pointed out, Axl could just say "F it". Enough is enough.  Right now he's not doing what he's doing to make the most money.  If he was, he'd call 21 and make up or just suck it up and smile for the camera.  So he's either doing if for the fans, the dwindling few that remain, or just because it's all he knows.  And now that some "fans" are turning against him in the worst way.  What would be the point of him going on?  I wouldn't blame him if he called it quits, but in a way it'd be like saying, "you win."  I'd hate for the leakers and hackers to get a sense of entitlement and that they accomplished their mission.

this is why this won't be the end of him.. he, or anyone for that matter, is capable of recovering from some leaked personal & professional shit - i'm sure those in the business have known exactly how crazy he is for years, i'm sure bumble/dj/etc were well aware of his business conduct when they signed up.. like has been noted, none of this stuff is all that surprising to us let alone industry insiders. so in a sense it's really not THAT big a deal, y'know??
& i'm sure he's strong enough not to have his career thwarted by some relative nobody when he's withstood lawsuits from ex-bandmembers & wives.
my point is he's fried bigger fish than this fuck up & always found his way back.
he's not going to throw in the towel just because MSL pulled a fast one and blew a load of embarrassing GnR jizz over the internet..
worst case scenario imo is two or three bandmembers leave & some in-house reorganisation.. as long as mother goose stays everyone else is replaceable (tho obv preferrably bumble & tommy stay 2!!)

i will say this tho... his laundry could use washin 'fore hangin' up all over town..

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Interesting titles, but we don't know if they are true or even what's in them. Axl's email about "dissolving GNR and having DJ sued" could just be him saying "no" to somebody else's suggestion, just like "Better video treatment" could just be Axl saying "no thanks."

These titles mean absolutely nothing. What if Axl's "thoughts on VR" were that they are a fantastic band?

Still a con by MSL as far as I'm concerned. I've believed that from Day 1, and I still do.

These aren't the document titles as such, that seems obvious to me. This is MSL's list of one-line summaries for them. (Actual documents would have file extensions, shorter names, etc...)

Doesn't make it more true, but going by the titles to infer the content of the actual document is probably more than reasonable in this case

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
TheMole wrote:
bigbri wrote:

These aren't the document titles as such, that seems obvious to me. This is MSL's list of one-line summaries for them. (Actual documents would have file extensions, shorter names, etc...)

Doesn't make it more true, but going by the titles to infer the content of the actual document is probably more than reasonable in this case

Yes, I get they are MSL's summaries, but "Axl's thoughts on VR" doesn't tell us anything. Like I said. It could be that Axl thinks they are great. His summaries alone don't say anything about the content. And having summaries doesn't prove he has anything. I could write one. Like this.

"Axl's unreported dealings with Izzy Stradlin." ooooh, sounds sexy doesn't it. He's back in the band, isn't he?!?!? Can't wait till this one leaks.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ppp

ppp wrote:
bigbri wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I hope that's what it is. That's what I thought it was until the alleged director of the Better video told someone in an email that he did work on the project. Then again, maybe the guy who said he emailed the director was really just MSL hiding behind a different name to further his little ego-trip. I hope that's the case. Nemus being involved in it and ranting against MSL on it makes me somewhat worried that it's real.

Dark could be in on it. Classic "good cop, bad cop" strategy.

Then again, could be real. But we don't know because there's no evidence one way or the other.

Saying Doc was fired then Axl announces it doesn't cut it for me. Axl fires managers as often as most of us change underwear.

MSL isn't the one who leaked the Doc info. Metal Sludge is the one who leaked that. MSL went back and edited his original post after they did and acted as if he was the one who leaked it.

Personally, I think he has "something". But I think he's added it to and lied about it, in order to make it sound more interesting.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Well I think we can all safely take a title like "DJ Ashba fired" and safely assume that Axl is just as upset about the TIL solo as I am. 16

your such a cheerleader! to bad we dont have an icon for it you could border your posts with it big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer