You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

smoke wrote:

It'd be kind of funny if the sneakers were the only payoff MSL gets out of this.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

maybe its just me but i wouldnt pay $2 to see these files let alone $200 hmm

I Already posted how this went down.

1.Someone called MSL a liar on his forum. (bringizzyback) or sumsuch.
2 I chimed in with a half assed joke/bet call with no real expectations. and cited the price of thoes IMO ugly blue shoes.
3. It became a simple bet in email and we both agree. $200 USD If he has the 101 files. There not all emails- pdf, mp3,Screen shots,power point. ect ect),and it ALL BELIEVABLE ie I feel like it was not faked. I have my 200 and he assures me he has his.

So no im not paying to read it nor is he selling it to me. We have a friendly bet. Would have I paid to read it is not the issue.

I spent a good 30 mins on the phone for assurances he would meet when im there. He is friendly and giving of his time. Very much talks about GnR as a true fan. And I thank him for his time so far.

I am packed and walking out the door now. You guys have a good weekend and if im not back on the forums by Monday send the fads to MSL's place in Orlando 16

i've been reading your posts smile i'm just saying i personally wouldnt do it, but its not like i wont be grateful with anything you have to share afterwards though 14 19

ppp

ppp wrote:

jamester062001, don't take this the wrong way but make sure you get a picture of yourself with MSL so people know you aren't the same person. I don't think you are, but someone somewhere will think that. Best to cover all the tracks.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
madagas wrote:

022. Geffen Records contract for Second Album (January 2007)

I call bullshit.

"The record company refused to conclude the renegotiation until we were ready to hand over the finished album and refused to prepare a marketing campaign or commission video treatments until they had it in their hands. This is still their position as of this week." -Merck, December 2006

Unless you choose to believe Uni was touched by Axl's open letter and offered contracts to not one but two albums a month after Merck was fired.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Maybe it was simply an email discussing a potential contract for a second album, possible terms etc, not actually the contract itself.  It's hard to tell what a lot of those email descriptions actually mean purely based off the title (often probably spiced up by MSL)..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

MSL said the second album is finished, it might have been finished for a while.

And to be honest, Azoff probably handled that deal when CD was turned over. Merck didn't get a lot of shit done in his time with the band except some merchandise stuff.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Well that goes against with Bumblefoot said. When DJ announced they'd drop a second album in 2011, Ron said it was no where near finished and a lot had to be done.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

MSL said the second album is finished, it might have been finished for a while.

And to be honest, Azoff probably handled that deal when CD was turned over. Merck didn't get a lot of shit done in his time with the band except some merchandise stuff.

Right, before MSL was saying that Axl had turned in the 2nd album and wanted it out. Then, more recently he said that CD had to be relaunched before the 2nd album could come out.

Interesting how things can change.

Ali

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

To be fair, Merck had to operate without an album or Universal backing, as the album didn't come around in his time. Since 2004, there was no funding for the project other than what Merck and Axl apparently got via Sanctuary, so Merck would've had his hands full in supplying the band whatever was needed to complete the album and book a big tour to cover the overhead.

Azoff came in initially as a godsend, as far as the public reception went. People realized this was someone powerful and savvy enough to throw the double-six and make the deal that would get CD out of the legal wrangle. He did, only that he didn't (apparently) initiate the BestBuy deal, but rather saw it through.

Even so, IMO the best thing MSL might have in terms of an album #2 contract, would be an email by either Guns or Uni reps, either setting some terms or responding to them. Guns may have a contract for a second album in place now, but I seriously doubt they would've had it back in 2007.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
ppp wrote:

Well that goes against with Bumblefoot said. When DJ announced they'd drop a second album in 2011, Ron said it was no where near finished and a lot had to be done.

Really? When did Ron say this? I missed it.

I've always been under the impression that the album has been done for a while, so msl saying it's done and mixed didn't surprise me.

Board footer