You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ppp

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

ppp wrote:
misterID wrote:
ppp wrote:

Well that goes against with Bumblefoot said. When DJ announced they'd drop a second album in 2011, Ron said it was no where near finished and a lot had to be done.

Really? When did Ron say this? I missed it.

I've always been under the impression that the album has been done for a while, so msl saying it's done and mixed didn't surprise me.

When did DJ make the Feb tour announcment? It was around that time. He was responding to DJ's comment because people were thinking the album was done and it would be coming out within months.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Okay, I found it:

GUNS N' ROSES fans shouldn't expect a new studio album from the band anytime soon, according to the band's guitarist, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. Even though GUNS N' ROSES axeman D.J. Ashba said in an interview at last week's launch party for the "Call Of Duty: Black Ops" video game that the band is "throwing around a bunch of ideas" for its next CD, Bumblefoot doesn't believe that a new GN'R album will surface in the foreseeable future. He writes on his Facebook page, "We've yet to get in a room and write as a band." He adds, "[i] know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

Rose himself hinted in an interview back in 2002 that he had compiled enough songs to release follow-ups to "Chinese Democracy" in rapid succession, saying, "The plan is to drop the record. Have a bunch of extra tracks . . . about a year or so down the road, drop another record, and drop a third record. This is a three stage thing; we'll be touring for a real long time."

Here's the thing, Bumble is basically saying a second album would be made from scratch.... yeah, I don't see that happening. Axl has always been consistant that he's planned to drop the second album pretty closely after the first. There's no way Axl's dropping those other songs he spent at least five years writing and recording to start scratch.

All do respect to Ron, I want to hear those "old Chinese Democracy songs" before anything new is written.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Thanks for finding it. I wonder if those songs actually exist though, in full?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

it's well established that there is at least 2 albums worth of fully recorded material......Axl said they paired it down to 32 songs in 2006....he said he thinks of it as a double....Ron has said he played on a bunch of other tracks...can we quit debating this? As Russ says, best guess is another album's worth of material ready to go.

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Probably the only question is whether these tracks that are already finished actually get reworked to add DJ and also  Ron (if there are some he hasn't already worked on either).

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Its laughable this band and its members are not even on the same page

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

So did this guy lose his 200 bucks or what? Have we heard from him? Will he be on a milk carton soon?

Concert was great btw...and Axl could have taken notes. It was a tight ship, with bands on very promptly. Hell Ozzy was done before Axl would have even made it out on stage.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
madagas wrote:

022. Geffen Records contract for Second Album (January 2007)

I call bullshit.

"The record company refused to conclude the renegotiation until we were ready to hand over the finished album and refused to prepare a marketing campaign or commission video treatments until they had it in their hands. This is still their position as of this week." -Merck, December 2006

It's all in the wording, conclude the renegotiation implies there was some kind of discussion about possible clauses or at least some kind of existing negotiation. So all it would mean is that some kind of discussions restarted a month later...which isn't that unlikely especially after they were publicly blamed for being the cause of a deadlock. Doesn't mean anyone came to any agreement...maybe they just put something else on the table.

Regarding MSL. He may well have something. Would figure from the band reaction. But it doesn't make it ethically correct to do what he has done. It also doesn't make everything he says true.

As far as verification. Only thing that verifies shit as far as I'm concerned is full song audio of the songs. Not snippits. Not instrumentals. I could spend 20 mins on protools and make you some shit that sounded like an axl scream or a bucket shred and so on. But I can't fake you like 2 full minutes of a brand new song. People can mimic Axl a bit - but not a song length.

If MSL doesn't want to spoil his experience, then let Jamster listen to it with headphones on. Let him hear all 8 or 9 songs MSL claimed to have in the original video. If jamster says he heard Axl sing those tracks on headphones...i'll call that real.

I'm not saying for MSL to leak stuff as that would fuck with the band, and after the last round of leaks, I think we're better to just wait for the next album. But if you want proof of MSL...let one guy - jamster - listen to it - in person - not copy it - not spread it - supervise it...but him in a room with a laptop and a headset - and i'll take his word either way.

All that said...

I'm a little touched by bumbles comment about us putting this much effort into a good cause. It's food for thought. If we put half the effort we do into this bunk then some good deads would be done. Maybe we should get together and organise somehting for the good.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

My guess is yeah. I'd bet there really is those 30-40 songs pretty much done, which I would assume included those that ended up on the album. So I would bet there's probably 16-26 songs in Axl's vault near or finished that we haven't heard yet.

When's the next album?
Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

How much material is there?

Not as much as Baz [Sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

Is anything finished?
Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?
Not something we've focused on.

You're not saying much.
You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track.

Axl, Feb 27th 2009

http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/27/axl-r … and-burie/

Board footer