You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

James wrote:

Wow. Chargers beat themselves. Thats one of the worst second half playoff performances I have ever seen in my life. Pats were struggling most of the game, but the Chargers could never take advantage. This Pats team was just begging to be put away early, but the Chargers could only kick FGs. Bullshit. Turner should have went for it on a couple of those possessions instead of taking the easy 3. It would have been the deciding factor in the game.

If the Pats play like this in the SB against the Packers or Giants, they will not win the game. Any team besides the Chargers would have beat the Pats today.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

The third and one pissed me off the most James.  You are that close to the endzone and you do an end sweep against that defense...wtf??  Stupid ass call.  Should have took it up the gut and they could have changed the tone of the game.  The Patriots are very lucky to have won this game.  Brady threw three interceptions, they got ran and passed on at will and still won.  Bad coaching is the reason for the Pats victory today ala one N. Turner.  I will give props to New England for doing what they had to do however.  The only bad calls came from the Charger's coach, not the refs.  I can live with that much better than the zebras deciding the victor.  I did find it strange that the ref only called a five yard penalty against the Patriots for running into the kicker however.  It's usually fifteen yards and an automatic first down, convenient how five yards made it a 4th and 1 and a punt for the Chargers instead of an automatic first.  Nevertheless it was the Chargers who killed themselves.

James

James wrote:

This game is basically a repeat of the earlier game. Giants beating themselves. Green Bay was struggling in that first quarter, and the Giants could have tried putting them away.  Instead all they do is get two FGs.

Can't go to a SB kicking field goals.

Giants still within striking distance of course. We'll see if they can change the tone of this game.

James

James wrote:
The Cusack wrote:

The NFL should expand into Toronto and Los Angeles.  They're both great football markets.  The trouble with any more expansion though is that Paul Taglibue said once the league reaches 32 teams that there would be no more expansion so it would take some monumental efforts by a couple of cities at the same time to get the owners and the new commissioner to relent.

Thats not out of the realm of possibility. NFL has talked about bringing a team back to LA for years. Vikings were rumored a few years back, although that scenario hasn't been mentioned in years.

Now that the Rams owner has died, we might see the Rams be brought back to LA. She is the reason for that move, and Missouri NEVER needed two NFL teams. I lived there in the mid 90's, and most Missouri residents are either Chiefs fans or Cowboys fans.

I have no idea what the league should do about Canadian expansion. I think Mexico is more likely before Canada.

I don't think teams should be added. The league is really pushing it as it is with 32 teams. If LA, Toronto, or Mexico City are possibilities for teams, existing teams would have to move there.

Rams a good possibility.

Florida does NOT need 3 teams. Dolphins will never leave, so it would be either Tampa or Jacksonville.

It would be controversial, but the Jets should be considered as well. That area doesn't need the Jets and Giants.

nugdafied wrote:

I heard about the NFL letting Jacksonville move in the past. The reason being that the city sucks & there's alot of competition right there for fans with other NFL franchises. There's also something up with LA. They've had teams in the past, but they all moved away for better deals. I think LA would have to build a new stadium & I don't know if people there care enough to do that. It is weird the 2nd largest US city wouldn't have a team, especially since they used to have two.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow giants won...after 2 botched feild goals dude actually pulls through

and man tough day for both favre and brady...int's galore

James

James wrote:

Wow. I'm not actually shocked by the Giants upset, I am shocked at how poised Eli was during this game. He never fucked the game away like he normally would. He was patient and just let the game develop without making any crucial mistakes.

Coughlin's job just got saved.

I'm not ready to predict the SB yet, but the Giants are on a major roll. Knocked the two top NFC teams out of the playoffs on their home turf. That is impressive. Its a rarity.

Packers clearly not as good as their record showed(neither was Dallas). So that leads to the question- Should Favre retire? He is still good, but nowhere near what he used to be. Should he call it quits while his team was a SB contender and he still has some skill, or does he come back for one more year and try and make another run at the SB?

Everyone save your SB predictions. I'm gonna start a poll for the SB. Might even have a contest for the poll like we did last year.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

I wouldn't say that Packers are not as good as their record showed, they lost by a field goal in overtime (only second OT NFC playoff game in history I think) to a very good road team, a team that made history by winning ten in a row on the road and only the second wild card team to make it to the super bowl.  Also a team that lost by only 3 pts to NE in week 17. 

Favre certainly has been very good, without his age noone would question this or start the retirement talk again.  Look at the facts:  He threw for 4155 yards (4th in NFL), had a 95.8 passer rating (5th in NFL), threw for 28 touchdowns (6th in NFL) and averaged just over 259.7 yards per game which is 4th in the NFL.  Those are good numbers for anyone, period. 

The fact is Eli played a damned near perfect game and he hasn't played poorly in post season or the better part of the second season for the most part.   Congradulations to the Giants and good luck in the Super Bowl.  These guys only lost by three in the last meeting, I wouldn't blow them off to soon and for the first time in awhile something unique is happening...NE must play a team with a winning record that does not have key injuries.

The Cusack
 Rep: 1 

The Cusack wrote:

The Packers were way too conservative on offense and allowed the Giants to stay in the game.  The Giants CBs were banged up and should have been tested a lot more than they were.  Also Ryan Grant should have been given more opportunities to establish their running game.  They went for short yardage and lateral passes way too much.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

I agree Cusack.  I've never been a fan of ultra-conservative coaches, especially in the post-season.  That's one huge reason the Chargers didn't win today.

Board footer