You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

Yeah the new cover art is just... whatever. Nothing good about it, it's just darker.  I wonder if he'll leak a track or two in the coming days/weeks. I'll have my eyes open at the nin fan sites for anything that comes out.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

TRENT REZNOR's 'The Social Network' Score Gets OSCAR Nomination - Jan. 26, 2011
The Pulse Of Radio reports that one week after NINE INCH NAILS main man Trent Reznor and collaborator Atticus Ross's score for "The Social Network" won a Golden Globe, the pair's work on the film has also been nominated for an Academy Award. The Oscar nominations were announced on Tuesday morning (January 25), with Reznor and Ross's score going up against the music for "Inception", "The King's Speech", "How To Train Your Dragon" and "127 Hours".

Reznor told Movieline.com that he did not see an Oscar nomination as a certainty, saying, "We didn't go into this project with any expectations of any kind of award recognition. The weight of the Oscar — we certainly didn't think that we were guaranteed credit. We had our fingers crossed but it was still a very nervous morning today."

Reznor added that when he was a kid growing up with dreams of being a musician, the thought of being nominated for an Academy Award never occurred to him. He explained, "In fact that never crossed my mind until a few months ago when the film came out. The whole experience of working on the film — it was unexpected to have that opportunity . . . It feels great to think that the Academy recognized it because it is not a traditional score. I'm very flattered that they've taken notice of it. It means a lot to me."

"The Social Network" received a total of eight nods, including "Best Picture", "Best Director", "Best Actor" and "Best Adapted Screenplay".

The 83rd annual Academy Awards will take place February 27 in Los Angeles.

Reznor said he got up at 5:30 a.m. PT to watch the nominations be announced, only to have his TV and Internet go out. He said he first heard about the nomination through a text from his agent.

Reznor and Ross's next film score is for "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", also from "The Social Network" director David Fincher.
socialnetworkmovie.jpg

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Trent won the Oscar! Good for him

jamester

jamester wrote:

mattsorum

Congrats Trent Reznor. Wow 6 minutes ago via ÜberSocial

petertravers

2 Aussies Hugh Jackman & Nicole Kidman present Score to Reznor/Ross for Social Network. The only correct choice. 7 minutes ago via Echofon Retweeted by RollingStone and 15 others

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Peter Travers wouldn't be biased at all considering the fact he had a throbbing hard on for the film itself.

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTHNET

TRENT REZNOR Wins Academy Award For 'The Social Network' http://bit.ly/gReAyg about 8 hours ago via twitterfeed

jamester

jamester wrote:

RollingStone

Congrats to Oscar winner Trent Reznor! http://bit.ly/gEG8az about 7 hours ago via web

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm a big fan of Trent too, but this was my choice...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's an amazing song.

I have GOT to see Inception.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Sorry to bump an old thread...

I've only got a couple of NIN-albums in my collection, so I'm no diehard.

But I've read stuff about Trent pro-filming a bunch of shows and uploading them as torrents for the fans to edit their own live shows, submitting them to the band and the fans then voting on the best one (or something like that)

I'd love to check some of this out. Can someone educate me with some links or something?

Thanks! smile

Board footer