You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT:We Could Do More To Establish The Current Band as its own!

misterID wrote:
ppp wrote:
misterID wrote:

As of now, this interview ain't up on HTGTH...

Was it ever up?

I'm not sure, but it is on every other GN'R forum and is the top thread in each.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Mr ID ^^^
I had this typed up so ill drop it here.

"008. November 2010 Axl email bitching about Bumblefoot"
(see Axl's last tweet) - no "bitching" imo Axl basically stating he noticed Dj & Ron in public speaking of plans and I think he refers mostly to BBF speaking about new band not in studio, and the nothing ready to come out(with current lineup) as if it was his to promote.
I feel Axl's tweet was in RE to Dj and BBF in public and not to Msl.
***All alleged & possibly untrue-half rumor spiced with speculation! ****

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Gotta say Ron must be the first member not to glorify those other songs, in fact intentionally or not, he kind of has a sour tone when he's referred to them recently.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think at the least, we're going to see less Ron and more Bucket on the next album 16

jamester

jamester wrote:

lol fuck it ..im glad ron grew some balls!

johndivney wrote:

best interview w/gnr member since '89 probs..

But it reached the point where I can’t deny and not acknowledge the fact that I’m in the band and touring and recording etc. So finally I decided that I couldn’t keep doing that and denying that I’m in Guns N’ Roses. I couldn’t keep my two lives separate and it didn’t make sense to try and do that.

finally..

I don’t know. I don’t know why it came out then and not sooner. Everything that happened before me I can’t really comment in because I wasn’t there and I really don’t know.

disappointing dodge here..

At this point? (laughs) Erm… You know I really can’t say because there’s nothing to tell. It’s frustrating for me because there is nothing to tell about the future of G’N’R because it changes minute to minute. As far as a trilogy is concerned, I don’t know. There is enough music for another two albums, but these are all 10 year old recordings from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Those songs are not new songs and this current band, this relevant band that contains me and DJ and Richard and Frank on drums, we have yet to get in a studio together and sit down on the floor with guitars and just start writing. We have not done that. The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs. So it’s like a big chapter in Axl’s musical life that has yet to be closed. I have no idea.

mixed emotions here.. (re)confirming what we already knew re: the vault so that's good that there definitely is a significant stockpile. what's disappointing is the lack of writing/recording with the new band. that needs to be rectified before anything else is done.

Actually, he hated that foot guitar.

bit spinal tap here. excellent. axl's right btw..

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think at the least, we're going to see less Ron and more Bucket on the next album 16

lol
most definitely

jamester

jamester wrote:

seems not whole podcast was transcribed.  BBf talked about Feb. US  tour also

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

great interview from bumble, i appriciate him being quite direct about a few things that in the past people might avoid.

I guess as musicians it has to be frustrating for the current band that they're not writing and recording as a band. Anyone who's seen them live tends to agree that politics aside they have a pretty strong chemestry as a unit, so i guess the natural thing to do is want to record together too.

And given it takes a while for stuff to happen in GNR land, it's got to be tough knowing there's 2 albums to go first - as that could take like 1 year to happen or like 15.

meanwhile, I guess for Axl it could also get frustrating, if he has more albums worth of stuff half done and people want to move ahead - to him it could be like  they're talking about step 5 before step 2 is done.

I hope one day we'd get to hear all of the above really. I'd love to hear what's left from the CD sessions, like the stuff with bucket and co. And i'd also be interested to see what the DJ+Ron team brings to the table.

In fantasty land it would be awesome if GNR just started releasing lots of music, like an album every couple of years to really break from that curse of the chinese era that everything got so hard and so lengthy. And assuming the quality is still there (which to me it is so far) i think that would get them more respect too. But its real easy for us to say that from the outside too I guess when we don't know what really is involved in everything.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer