You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT:We Could Do More To Establish The Current Band as its own!

dave-gnfnr wrote:

"We Could Do More To Establish The Current Band as its own! "

yeah dont call the band guns n roses and they need to write their own songs.
Axl just needs to release a box set of the CD sessions and let this band write their own music. Like Ron said the songs are 10 years old, and this current band isnt like the CD version of the band, that band was more industrial, this band is more rock and I could see them writing an album closer to AFD style than CD style.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

great interview from bumble, i appriciate him being quite direct about a few things that in the past people might avoid.

it also help's demystify the perception of axl's puppet master stuffing gagging orders down people's throats
or the notion there is some grand masterplan some people r holding their breath over

ppp

ppp wrote:

Yeah, this interview for sure throws the gag order theory out the window.

johndivney wrote:

that part about it being 'a big chapter.. yet to be closed' i assume is part of the burden & dilemma axl is carrying.. the decision is his.. & he usually isn't very good at making them..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Caram's really got CD II mixed and the bonus songs ready to go, I say do a small tour, drop the album in the midst of it and take whatever "big gun" songs you got left and build around them with songs from the new guys.

johndivney wrote:

he's like the beach boys song I Know There's an Answer but he's gotta find for himself.. ^ that doesn't seem an unreasonable prospect mr.ID.. but reading BBF's thoughts on the bizness/label fk-up's i can't imagine CD2 being any less traumatic, or any near future GnR release for that matter.. i get the sense that axl still harbours ambitions & would like to make any release an event (even tho it'd end up a clusterfuck)..

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

I´m really excited for a new gnr album, but i just don`t care for this new line up to be honest....    i`ve been listening to chinese democracy a lot in the last weeks and i think it`s really a fuckin great album. unfortunately the demos spoiled a lot of that to me..

however, i want to hear all that finck/ bucket stuff that`s still sitting in the vault. i hope axl decides to release it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

"We Could Do More To Establish The Current Band as its own! "

yeah dont call the band guns n roses and they need to write their own songs.
Axl just needs to release a box set of the CD sessions and let this band write their own music. Like Ron said the songs are 10 years old, and this current band isnt like the CD version of the band, that band was more industrial, this band is more rock and I could see them writing an album closer to AFD style than CD style.

Wow, I completely agree on all fronts. I said that about two fuckin' years ago.

Axl is so far removed from that early-CD era, with a vault full of tracks (i'm sure) written by Robin, Bucket, Paul, Brain in addition to guys like Tommy, Dizzy & Chris who are still around that half of the entire new GN'R project is LONG gone. Come on, Paul's been gone for nearly a DECADE, Bucket's been gone 7 years, and even Brain's going on five years out of the mix.

It's just time to move on. But I don't believe all of that potentially great, and wasted 2001-02 band needs to be buried. Whatever Axl's "big guns" are need to be culled from the vault, rearranged and put along with new tracks from the current band for the NEXT album.

All of the other tracks, including unheard stuff as well as original takes on released tracks get thrown into the box set, and released NIN-style, although UMG might have a big issue with that.

Then they've got CD out (2008), a new self-titled album to relaunch GN'R (2011), and the CD sessions out, and you move the fuck on.

Problem is, does Axl think the current band have the ability to write quality songs he's willing to slap the GN'R name on and release?

P.S.

Great interview by Ron, answered just about every question i've ever had.

Sky Dog wrote:

Nice interview Ron.....all that cd era stuff is the property of UMG and Black Frog/Axl so any release will require approval by both parties. Good luck with that!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Really great interview, best we've had in a long time.

Is it true that this keeps getting deleted at htgth? Thats feckin crazy 17

Board footer