You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Lady GaGa Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
Saikin wrote:

She understands that to have as high a level as fame as she does it requires you to constantly be in the spotlight.  The way she dresses and acts is a way to get attention on her and away from other people.  It works.

Her song sounding a little like Madonna is just to get people talking about it.  She's not stealing from any other artists.  She understands how the music industry works today and she's using that knowledge to full advantage.

It works because it's taking attention away from her actual talent level, which isn't very high.  She's not "stealing" from anybody, she's using every cookie-cutter music format out there to make marginally okay songs.  Then she gets attention for her antics and appearance while she's marketed at a high level.  That isn't talent, that's manufactured bullshit.  There's no difference between her and Miley Cyrus.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Saikin wrote:

She understands that to have as high a level as fame as she does it requires you to constantly be in the spotlight.  The way she dresses and acts is a way to get attention on her and away from other people.  It works.

Her song sounding a little like Madonna is just to get people talking about it.  She's not stealing from any other artists.  She understands how the music industry works today and she's using that knowledge to full advantage.

Obviously it works.  She's sticking to a formula that has gotten her extremely famous and successful.  I get that.  I wasn't disputing that.  Simply saying, I'm over it.  It's beyond annoying at this point.  Of course it really doesn't matter what I think.  I'm certainly not going to slow her down one bit.  She's got her millions of "Little Monsters" that will continue to follow her, regardless of how more ridiculous she becomes.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I still don't get it.  She's a little-talent hack pumped up by stealing other people's ideas, trying too hard to be shocking, and overplay on pop radio.  She's the thing that most of you complain about in every other case...why the fascination with her?

That's a very valid point, but I think the quality of her songs and the catchiness of them overall is what keeps her appealing above the level of all the other rip offs.

I got to be honest, when I listen to her, and like what she's doing, I actually don't like what SHE is doing specifically herself, I just hear all kinds of elements from artists of the past that I really like, and it's kind of like revisionist fun for awhile.

Write this down, her songs will NOT live in infamy. This is a moment, make no mistake.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Saikin wrote:

It works because it's taking attention away from her actual talent level, which isn't very high.  She's not "stealing" from anybody, she's using every cookie-cutter music format out there to make marginally okay songs.  Then she gets attention for her antics and appearance while she's marketed at a high level.  That isn't talent, that's manufactured bullshit.  There's no difference between her and Miley Cyrus.

There's a large difference between her and Miley Cyrus.  For one, Lady Gaga can actually sing and write her own songs.  Miley Cyrus is a fucking joke.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Saikin wrote:

There's a large difference between her and Miley Cyrus.  For one, Lady Gaga can actually sing and write her own songs.  Miley Cyrus is a fucking joke.

As I said, no difference.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I have been a fan of most of her big hits, but "Born This Way" sucks IMHO. It's just not daring enough considering tracks like "Bad Romance" or "Poker Face." And considering she had such a great song like "Speechless" on her previous album, it's disappointing that she comes out with this song as the lead single for her new album. Makes me think the rest of it isn't very good either.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

leegaga.jpg
TOMMY LEE 'Would Love' To Work With LADY GAGA - Apr. 8, 2011
MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee told the Artisan News Service that he would love to one day work with pop superstar Lady Gaga — and not just because she is one of the biggest artists in the world.

"I totally get it, man," he said. "And depending on what she's influenced by, I can tell — because I see her rocking MÖTLEY CRÜE shirts, so she's definitely a rocker, and she obviously, stylistically, with her music, she's very talented; she plays crazy piano and sings her ass off. She likes the modern dance and club shit, so she's basically throwing it all in there, and that's what I'm into, and that's what I'm doing — essentially throwing it all in there, from electro to fucking metal; I like it all. There's a girl I would love to do something with one day, man; it'd be really cool. We would probably come up with some sick shit."

A short video clip of Tommy Lee talking to the Artisan News Service about Lady Gaga can be viewed below.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/zet_ZZu0vow

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cool pic

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
LADY GAGA Listening To IRON MAIDEN For Her 666th Tweet http://bit.ly/fQLJGt