You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT:We Could Do More To Establish The Current Band as its own!

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its bonkers, its a damn fine interview. He doesnt bash anyone or throw dirt or even say anything controversial, he actually stills sounds quite guarded with his comments.
Why that site feels the need to delete any mention of it is beyond me, it is sycophancy in all its glory.

And this is the guy that gets invited on tour, no wonder people hate this band.

Its because he shows everything is not perfect in GNR land, and he kind of points out in a nice way the band is getting testy with Axl always being late, dragging his feet about a tour, the next cd etc.

That is why Jarmo is not allowing it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

jarmo has run down people and eventually banned them for years for saying exactly what Ron said in that interview, so jarmo was put in a bad position where he and ADZ can't defend themselves. He comes off looking like a douche if he allows discussion of the interview. His "rules" about being a fan falls apart when a band member directly contradicts him. I think the censorship of the interview has more to do with him personally than orders from the band, imo.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

I dont think for a moment the band asked that interview to be taken down (unless Ron is no longer with the band), I think its jarmo just being his typical self of only allowing sunshine and tulips when it comes to talking about Gnr and Axl

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

If this shit doesnt make folk bin him and his site nothing will. His censoring of the fucked up booklet was the last straw for me, now he's denying GNR fans from reading a current band members interview? What an absolute fanny.

How does this tally up with Rons comment about *cough "credible" GNR fansites???

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

"All they want to do is hurt the fans and the band. All the credible GNR fansites see it and have been deleting the silly posts by their own choice. Don't buy into it. Don't stand for it. And don't believe a WORD of it."

Bumblefoot

salome
 Rep: 2 

salome wrote:
Olorin wrote:

How does this tally up with Rons comment about *cough "credible" GNR fansites???

Ron can´t be aware of all the weirdness around. wink

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

http://www.crawdaddy.com/index.php/2011 … lip-watch/
Begin The Bumblefoot Pink Slip Watch

By: James Greene Jr.
published on March 3, 2011
bumblefoot.jpg
Look, I’m not trying to start any serious drama here. All I’m saying is, based on statements he made in a recent interview with Radio Metal, it is quite conceivable that current Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal could soon meet with Axl’s swift, cold wrath. A few choice quotes from the cool but slightly frustrated Thal:

“If we had band photos, then people would say, ‘Oh, yeah, they’re a band. But we haven’t had a fucking real band photo or anything like that! So we are not presenting ourselves to the world as a band even though we are one…I feel that we could do more to establish the current band as its own band. It shouldn’t be in the shadow of the past.”

“As far as what delays the show[s]? I know where the finger is pointing, but I’m not going to get into that! I mean, sometimes it’s for stupid reasons! There have been times where Axl [Rose] is on his way over and the driver got lost for like a half hour. He gets there and everyone is pissed, like, ‘What the fuck?! How does that happen?’ You can literally see the venue from the hotel and it’s a five-minute drive but the driver got lost for a half…fucking…hour.”

“If you ask me about my stuff, I can tell you all kinds of plans for the future and what’s going to happen. If you ask about GN’R, it’s all a big question mark and it really is. It’s not like anything is being hidden, it’s just that nothing can be predicted.”

To be fair, Ron also praised Axl in the interview, saying “there has been no other singer that I have ever worked with in my fucking life that cares as much and that gives as much and that kicks as much ass on a stage and that works as hard as that guy.” Yet we all know how fickle the A man can be. A little bit of lip can go a long way. Watch out, Ron, you may soon be out the door in favor of some other strangely-nicknamed axe god.

P.S. – I have no idea what Ron’s holding in that photo. I assume it’s a lump of concentrated Chinese Democracy.

On Saturday 5th February 2011, @axlrose said:

"Contrary to anyone's claims there are no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour, a relaunch or sponsors

****(n' certainly not to replace ANYONE in the band)******

beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals w/out any real foundation or negotiations in place other than our prior involvements (which wouldn't take a rocket scientist to put together). And 4 the record Doc McGhee is no longer involved w/either myself or GN'R. "

axlrose  Axl Rose
"N' b4 it's twisted "prior involvements" has nothing to do with old GN"R."
4 Feb

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think he was starting rumors, Russ. That was some guy writing an article clearly speculating that what Ron said could piss Axl off and could lead to him firing him. No malicious false rumors there that I can see. Seems pretty fair to me hmm

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

^^^Russ or whoever ... get to the ban button then  *taps foot*

I posted a story like I Would any story regardless of what side of the fence it was intended. I also qualified it with an official tweet from axl saying no one was getting fired.

While some may not be interested in mygnr politics, or this thread or that. I find it hard to find interest in Axl vs MJ vs elvis or some guy in his bedroom playing some CD songs.  TO each his own.  I really feel that because a mod or admin standing on "im bored or I dont give a shit" as a reason to mod a comunity on ones taste lame.

I usually start topics, and hardly comment  I have no control over where they go just as anyone else on this forum.

on the BBF topic in the garden you thanked me for posting it as false. now I feel like mabe I should send you mods storys to see if its ok post them. Im not really feeling the whole vibe here lately....sorry 

SO feel free to ban away or change the vibe here *shrug*

Board footer